December 29, 2011

A different kind of Christmas


Here is a picture I thought I would never be able to see. A laughing, smiling baby on Christmas morning surrounded by gifts, in a "my first Christmas" onesie. So very different from the last couple of years, when all I had was a picture of Alexandra's grave or some random ornaments of hers on the tree. I feel so very lucky to have been able to share his first Christmas with him. It was a different kind of Christmas. It was the kind that should have been for the last two years. This year, I was the one who had the cute baby to pass around and ooh and ahh over. I almost looked like a "normal" Mom. But there was still an empty chair and an empty feeling that was felt (at least by me). We miss you Alexandra. And speaking of missing things, I miss blogging too. I miss talking about her every day and seeing what others are up to. Facebook is great, but you don't really get to KNOW what's going on just by some random status. I miss all of you and maybe in the new year, I can get back to blogging more again. I think I need it.

5 comments:

  1. Christmas def is so much diff with a living child. So much joy with them here

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))), Maggie. I well remember that first Christmas with my Rainbow son and it was wonderful. Still, someone was missing and I still miss her even after so many years. I was blessed with 3 Rainbows and they helped me survive. I'm so glad little Joshua was here to warm your heart this Christmas. Remembering Alexandra...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, look at how big he's getting! I wish no one had to go through that, knowing there was an empty chair that should be occupied. Good luck in the new year, if I remember correctly Alexandra and Joshua are going to have another sibling, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see a smiling baby, is right. So sad to not have your Alexandra with you too...

    I miss blogging and catching up on blogs too. I feel like a broken record when I do have something to say and I just don't seem to find the time to sit and get caught up. Maybe this year?

    Always sending love!
    x <3 o

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute picture!

    I have missed blogging too. Hoping to catch up with you and everyone this year! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved