Hi Alexandra,
Remember me? It's Mommy. Sometimes I feel like this blog, your space has been neglected. It wasn't too long ago that I would come on here and just write about you all the time. How I felt, how much I missed you, how angry I was that people seemed to have forgotten you...you know, just about everything. This blog is as much as yours as it is mine and me not writing in it every day like I used to kind of makes me feel sad. But, it doesn't mean I have forgotten you. I most certainly have not. If anything, I think of you even more, if that's at all possible. I see your little brother every day and I think of how much you would have had fun playing with him. I think of all the things I am missing and have missed with you, when I am taking care of him. I still wear the ring they gave to me in the hospital around my neck, as a way to remember you. Sometimes people ask what it is and sometimes they don't. I'm not sure if they ever notice it or just never want to say anything to me about it because it will make me "sad". I carry a butterfly keychain with me every day and butterfly charms hang on my purse. One charm says, "To Mommy". I bought that on Father's Day last year for your Daddy. He has one that says, "To Daddy".
Now that your little brother is here, people often ask me if he is my first. I'm still struggling with what to say sometimes. But I think from now on, instead of worrying about them, I'm going to say I had you first because you ARE and always will be my first. It shouldn't be an issue and I shouldn't have to feel dumbfounded when people ask me that question. It should be easy to answer like it is for all those normal people out there. So, don't you worry. If I'm asked that again, I'll be talking about you. I'm not letting this stupid question annoy me any longer.
I just wanted to stop and say, 'Hi Alexandra'. I miss you. It's been twenty months since I've held you and that doesn't even seem real to me. We still need to get you new butterflies and bring them to you. I will very soon. We love you little girl. You are missed and always will be.
Love,
Mommy xoxo
Looking For You
5 years ago





















Such a sweet, heartfelt post. <3
ReplyDeleteI got that question today when a stranger found out I was pregnant. I just said no, our second and she didn't ask anymore questions so I didn't elaborate. But I would have told them that my first was stillborn if I had been asked anything. It felt really good saying that this baby is our second (even though the baby is really our 4th....too hard to get into the miscarriages with a stranger).
ReplyDeleteSince we have one living child I have gotten that question many times and now that we are expecting again I am sure I will get that question many more times. I too have struggled with how to answer. I have decided that it really depends on the circumstance the phrasing I use. It is not that I am not acknowledging Emily, just some people dont really want the truth.
ReplyDeleteYour post was very touching.
She always will :) the number of children can be tough b/c of the awkwardness it causes. Everyone should always say what feels right to them
ReplyDelete