November 16, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, sweetheart!

In some ways, I can't believe two whole years have gone by already. And in another way, it seems like it was just yesterday. I still remember that whole morning. It was a regular morning just like any other time something "bad" happens. BUT I do remember taking a shower and noticing she wasn't moving. I even remember saying, 'are you awake in there?' But I shrugged it off and went downstairs and that's when it all changed. My morning doppler routine had finally become my worst nightmare (and being so nervous as it was, I had imagined this day), the day I would check and not hear a thing. I remember calling the doctor. I remember the long car ride to the doctor's office, then the five second car ride across the lot to the hospital to confirm she was gone. I remember the phone calls. I remember being ushered into the OR the "back" way, so I wouldn't have to go in the regular L & D entrance and see the "happy side" of everything. It all seems so fresh. 

So, it was another bittersweet day, especially with her little brother here. But love was definitely felt from a lot of others in the babyloss community (and some friends/family). I can't say by everyone, but I definitely felt true friends and family remembered and cared. 

A few were kind enough to make some pictures for Alexandra and here are a few from what we did for her today. It wasn't a lot, but it was something. Thank you all who have shown support to me and Alexandra. I know I haven't been on in a long time, but I'm still here. :)  I just need to...quit my job or something, lol. Who needs work anyway? j/k. But that's what is taking up all my "blogging" time lately. You are missed! 




This is Joshua, her little brother. He's 9 months old now. He loves taking her butterfly with him to daycare every day. So bittersweet!!!!




8 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd birthday, sweet girl! And happy 9 months baby Joshua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and Alexandra on the day of her birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet Alexandra! how much your family misses you...sweet baby, i wish you were eating cake with your mommy right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Alexandra! I love that Joshua likes to take her butterfly with him. Wish she were here with you, too. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. =******((( I remembered your whole day as well....as the day progressed I felt like i was relieving it with you (since i knew from reading your post when i found ur blog) I hate that this is the way you have to relive her bday but im so glad you were surrounded by love..no matter what that 1% of people who dont extend themselves hurts and im so sorry (((hugs)))

    Happy 2nd Birthday in Heaven sweet Alexandra love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked the image I put together for you! I thought her birth month flower was gorgeous. Again, I hope the day was gentle on you. Reliving it all is so difficult to avoid - I think we have to rehash and rehash and relive it all over and over and over as a way to process it all and cope with it. (((hugs))) xo ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved