January 3, 2011

Another giveaway for my blogiversary!

Is "blogiversary" even a word? Well, it is around here. I have just realized January 8th will be my one-year anniversary of having this blog! I remember reading my first blog, then reading another one after that, then another, and another and then I began to realize how much support it offered and figured I could start my own just to see. I used to keep journals long ago, but eventually they started becoming blank books just thrown in a corner. I needed something more for Alexandra.

I had no clue how much help it would provide for me. I have met new friends and wonderful ladies throughout this journey. When I started this blog, I thought I'd be lucky to just have ONE follower...now I have nearly 100. So, in celebration of this, I decided to host a little giveaway. I will leave it open for this entire week and announce a winner this Saturday, the 8th. All you need to do is leave a comment, maybe say how you found my blog and if it has helped or if Alexandra's story has touched you in any way, or give me a little bit of your story if you are a "new" reader. The winner will win one of these figurines. I can't decide which one, so maybe I'll leave it up to the winner to choose! :-)  Good luck!


19 comments:

  1. I dont remember much of the first 3 weeks BUT I WILL NEVER forget how I found this blog...i was searching the internet for anything baby loss related...and i typed in the words butterflies and YOUR blog came up and I thought "aww she lost her daughter...wait!! Her daughter is named alexandra!! thats the other name i was gonna give alyssa!! (alexandria but still close)" and then on BBC YOUR words stuck to me the most, and I seen you had an almost full term loss like me and I seen a link in ur signature and i CLICK the link and BAM come right to THIS blog...it looked different back then, and i just started crying because I KNEW that alyssa n alexandra brought us together..and they were trying from even before I joined BBC...amazing how a blog can change lives...YOU helped me more in my grief then you can ever know ((hugs)) even if I dont win i already WON a great friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I just looked after seeing this and I guess my anniversary was in Dec. I think I might do a give away as well :) I will come back to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the 25 days of giveaways and found Alexandra's story touching. God bless <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't even remember how i found your blog - i think it was from clicking to a blog from someone's siggy on BBC then clicking onto more blogs from there, and that's how i found you. congrats on almost 100 followers and your first blogiversary! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting that figurine for a while now ;) I think I found you through Facebook and then your blog through that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Maggie...I think I found your blog through another BLM's blog...but yours was one of the first I found. I have always felt extremely connected to you since we lost our babies around the same time...and I think many of our emotions are the same. I adore you...and only want to continue to stay in touch as we continue on this journey together. ((hugs to you, my dear))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through another BLM. I haven't had my blog for too long. Once I started it, I searched for other moms going through what I am. I lost my twin boys on August 15, 2010, due to undiagnosed Incompetent Cervix. Bryston lived for 5 1/2 hours and Colton lived for 70 minutes. This giveaway is absolutely amazing and I want to thank you for the opportunity to win one of these beautiful figurines. ((hugs)) I LOVE the butterfly one. So symbolic. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you found my blog and won my Blog makeover giveaway. I have been following you since :) Oh my gosh I would love the one with the butterfly its AMAZINGLY beautiful!! I am so happy you found me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie you are so sweet!!! I honestly do not remember how I came across your blog. I know it was from another BLMs blog though. You have become such a special person in my life and the strength you poses is amazing! I feel like I have really gotten to know you and Alexandra's Memories. You have done such a great job at portraying them. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even remember how I found you, but I've been reading your blog since the summer. I probably found your blog in July, either off of the bcc or from someone else's blog that I found through the bcc. Your words have helped me so many times

    ReplyDelete
  11. I honestly don't remember how I came across your blog but either way you have helped me. So sad that our paths crossed this way. Wishing you all the best and good luck to everyone. I love the first one with the baby, so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not remember how I came across your blog although I LOVE your brutal honesty! You do not sugar coat anything. I love that of course. I remember always thinking about you and Alexandra because they were born a day apart <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please don't enter me into the give-away. We have the Window Tree butterfly, and love it.

    I found your blog from butterfly mommies. Yours was the first blog I read that I connected to, having lost Alexandra at about the same gestational age. Your words were honest, raw, and the love you carry for Alexandra and other BLM is evident.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This angel is lovely! I thought I had already followed your blog, but hadn't, so I did (if that makes sense). I think I found your blog on Caring for Carleigh's bloglist. Thank for having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is one of the first blog I started reading and could relate so much to what you wrote. I think I found it thru a comment you made on Bree's blog but I'm not sure. I just remember feeling a lot less lonely when I read and it helped me sooo much and still does. You had posted the poem "My New Normal." and it was right when it was hitting me that I would be adjusting to this new normal. Anyway you have been such a support to me and I'm grateful for you and Alexandra's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the reminder :)

    I found your blog through babycentre and I was drawn to it becuase our babies were born passed away around the same time.

    I always think about Alexandra and you when I see Winnie the Pooh now :)

    Hugs,

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cant quite remember how i found your blog. I think i might have been looking through other blogs i followed and looking at their followers looking for new blogs to read and i found yours. Reading this blog has helped me and Alexandra has touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I left a comment here when you put this up, but I don't see it, so maybe I didn't. I don't really remember how I found your blog. I think, perhaps, that you commented on mine and I checked you out. But I am not certain. Regardless, I am so glad that I found it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful giveaway! I really don't remember how I found you, but you are always so encouraging and kind. Happy blogiversary! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved