January 19, 2011

A Different Kind of Parent

I saw this poem from SHARE's site (their latest newsletter) and thought I would share. It's so true. 

A Different Kind of Parent
By Emily Hughes

We are all different kinds of parents,
But we share much of the same.
We loved our children dearly,
From the very moment that they came.

While your baby might be with you,
Every day and every night.
My baby is with me,
In my heart I hold her tight.

As your eyes are feeling weary,
From very little sleep,
My tired eyes are blurry,
Because every night I weep.

When you hear your baby giggle,
Or you glance there sideways smile,
I am sitting quietly,
Remembering- for a while.

While you are building a family,
With your little one in tow,
We too are still a family,
We wanted you to know.

As you make memories together, or ever comes to be,
Christmas, Birthdays and more.
We are honoring our baby,
To help her spirit soar.

So you see, there are different kinds of parents.
Each loving, in their own way.
While your child grows to adulthood,
Our baby is here to stay.

7 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. And heartbreaking. And beautiful again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana took the words out of my mouth. This sums up a Babyloss family's life so well.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaawww maggie, that is sooo beautiful xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this poem, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the first time I have read this- thank you for posting it, it's very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was great! I just wish people understood that this is exactly how we feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great poem, thank you for sharing! BTW I LOVE the new look!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved