February 23, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday in heaven to Alyssa Marie!

Every once in a while, you are lucky enough to meet a special friend. That friend might have been someone you grew up with, someone you went to high school with or someone you might have met in college. For me, I was lucky enough to meet my special friend after losing Alexandra. I have met so many fellow moms along the way. Alyssa's Mom however, I feel particularly close to. We share so many things in common, we often joke that we need to write a book or maybe now, have a small volume of books that illustrate all the things we have in common. I have only known Ann for a little over a year now, but I feel like we are sisters and we've known each other forever. She has brightened many dark days I've had missing Alexandra and I know Alexandra and her daughter, Alyssa are BFFs and get into all sorts of trouble together. I am also delighted to say that we were lucky enough to meet IRL and that day is still one of the best days ever to me. I cannot wait until we can see each other again. Today is her daughter's first birthday. Take a moment to think of her, wish her peace and comfort and remember her little girl and one of Alexandra's best friends, Alyssa. Happy Birthday to my sweet little niece! So many people love you, especially me. :-)  I hope you're celebrating today and having fun.


5 comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved