April 30, 2011

International Babylost Mother's Day

Tomorrow, May 1st is International Babylost Mother's Day. It's a day created by Carly, for all mothers who have lost a child recognizing them as the true mothers they are. Just because your baby/child is not physically here with you definitely does not take away the fact that you are a mother.

This year, our March for Babies walk happens to fall on that day, so we'll be honoring Alexandra by walking for her. The donations I made this year were drastically different compared to the ones I made last year, which was our first time participating. Part of the reason my donations seem so low is because the majority came from my work last year and being on maternity leave this year, I didn't feel right asking for money with me not being there. I can't help but feel a little let down. I know it's not all about the money and donations, but the lack of donations this year makes me feel like Alexandra's memory is slipping further and further away from the people who should remember her the most. However, two of those people are her Mommy & Daddy, so I guess that is really all that matters.

With all that being said, I hope all of you have a peaceful day tomorrow. Please send a flower to another Mom to show her you care. If any of you are walking this weekend, I hope you have a good walk and good weather to accompany it! I will be remembering your babies during mine along with Alexandra.  All of you are beautiful mothers and deserve to be recognized. :-) 

* I'm still terribly behind in blogs and I feel like I'm neglecting this space lately. I'm hoping to catch up and maybe start posting more often. Also, if any of you have May angel dates/anniversaries coming up, please leave your baby's name/date in a comment so I can post it for next month and remember your baby with you! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and Alexandra on International Baby Loss Mothers Day and I hope the walk goes well. I am doing the March for Dimes walk in memory of Liam and that falls on Fathers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you always *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved