September 7, 2010

Thankful Tuesday!

I actually was beginning to post a Marvelous Monday tonight and then I realized... it's actually Tuesday! This holiday has already begun to mess me up and I'm sure I'll be a day off for the rest of the week! But I won't complain. I remember many jobs where I worked on Labor Day and did not have the luxury of having that holiday off with the rest of the world, had to work weekends, or nights or all day into the night (boo for double shifts!!!)! I have definitely paid my dues on so many things. So I think I'm going to do a thankful Tuesday post tonight, starting with this.

Thank you so very much to Emalee for doing this picture for my Alexandra! I love it!


If you would like to have a picture similar to this one or maybe have one with a different background for your baby, please go over to Emalee's new project entitled, "Project Kj", which was created in honor of her little boy, Kenner. Like so many other Moms out there, she was inspired to start her own project and write names for other angels because like all of us, she knows how much seeing your baby's name can mean to someone. I have always admired all the angel Moms out there who have created their own projects or created their own pictures honoring all of our babies. To know that someone else out there is taking the time to do something for your baby really means a lot and I really do think it's a beautiful tribute to all of our babies. So thanks again Emalee! Seeing Alexandra's name always makes my day!

A shout-out also goes out to Kalialani at The Butterfly Room for doing this picture for Alexandra. You know I <3 you!!!!! :)

I want to end this post by listing a few things I am thankful for because sometimes this blog seems like my big book of grievances instead! (Friends reference, anyone???!)  ;)  So, here are a few things, in no particular order:

1. My little girl, Alexandra- for making me a Mom and my husband a Dad and for making us the people we are today. I know for myself that I am definitely a different person than I was nearly ten months ago. I feel like I am more compassionate, sympathetic and caring towards others (or at least towards people I want to feel that way towards). Ha ha! I'm also dare I say? Stronger than I ever thought I could be. While I usually cannot stand that term, I have to admit that's what I feel even though some days I still feel so weak.

2. My husband, my rock.

3. The friends I have made and the friends who have not walked away and are still here.

4. Forgiveness.

5. My fellow BLMs of course! And also anyone who has ever stopped and taken time out of their day to do something in memory of Alexandra. Whether it was a tribute photo, name request or even a thought when a butterfly was seen, I am forever grateful.

6. This blog. I almost decided to write in a private journal instead of doing this. If I had done that, the journal would have been thrown somewhere on the floor, unwritten in for long stretches of time and I would probably be clinically depressed and in need of therapy. Thankfully, I have this and writing here has become my therapy.

7. Friends, Conan, Glee, House, Gossip Girl and any other mindless TV shows that have saved me and made things feel "better" for me through so many ups and downs. What can I say, for an hour, I was actually able to laugh and be "Maggie" on many, many dark days.

8. My kitties, my loves.

9. My cell phone (when it actually works) and Facebook for keeping in touch with so many people who mean so much to me and introducing me to new BLMs every day.

10. Last, but not least, this new little one. He/she gives me SO much hope every day and is wanted and loved so much already. I want things to work out so much for this baby and I'm taking every day one at a time until he/she is born. This is the biggest leap of faith I have ever made and I'm hoping for nothing but the absolute best!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love this post...and am so glad that you are finding things that you can be thankful for. I feel uplifted after reading this post. Thank you, Maggie, for sharing your story and Alexandra with all of us. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name photos and glad to hear you're having some moments where you feel like Maggie again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH I love this post Maggie!!!! And I love the list of things for Thankful Tuesdays!!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! And the photos are so beautiful. I know how good it feels to open your email and find a new picture waiting for you! I'm glad you have Alexandra and your husband and your kitties to bring you joy! You'll have to find me on FB, Elaine Stoner

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and inspiring post!!! :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post!!! And what great pictures!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved