It's hard to believe that it is November already. The only significant thing in November I had last year at this time, was my wedding anniversary. I remember wondering what to do for it and I think I decided we didn't need to do anything big. I was very pregnant and staying at home, celebrating with my husband was good enough for me. Little did I know, that the day before then my entire world would change and we would be spending our second anniversary in the hospital, mourning the loss of my daughter and recovering from a
c-section.
I think these weeks leading up to her anniversary are the hardest. I'm already having doubts that people will even bother remembering Alexandra. I already know that a few people clearly have no idea when her "birthday" even is. I'm trying to be reasonable. I know that not everyone will know and remember and I do not expect them to, but people who are closest to me, I would like to think that they would at least have some sort of idea what November 16th means to my husband and me. Because I know, if Alexandra were here today, it would be different. I guess in the long run, all that matters is that her Mommy/Daddy remember her, but it hurts to know others really have no clue what this day means to us. I think that's the hardest thing. I don't want to deal with people not knowing and it's bugging me. Hopefully, the day will come and it will be like when I returned to work. It won't be as bad as I thought and I might be pleasantly surprised by some things. Either way, she will be missed. She is missed and this month, I will be thinking of her the most.
Looking For You
5 years ago





















Thinking of Alexandra with you this month (hugs)
ReplyDeleteHang in there, hun. Thinking about you lots this month. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you and your husband. I remember the first birthday without Meredith, even though it has been so long ago. I tried to replay the day of her birth in my mind. We bought her headstone for her gift and were so proud of it. The things we do to help keep ourselves sane after the loss of a child....xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete<3 WOW...ok, first of all i am so behind on blogs that i didnt even know u got a makeover.it looks really beautiful....second, I know you already know but i can never forget Alexandra's bday....and your anniversary...I imagine it will be really hard to get through and I hope you do use my shoulder as much or as little...and thank God (or who ever) for Conan starting...Id like to actually thank Alexandra, as I am sure she had lots to do with it...xoxo..im so sorry people dont know her actual 'date' and there will never be words to make that pain any easier that is for sure...love you and my niece always
ReplyDelete