
I had to go back all the way to June to find a Marvelous Monday post! Laziness? Maybe. Lack of Marvelous Mondays? Possible. Either way, I'm pleased to post a Marvelous Monday post today! Today, I am thankful for this little guy, my kitty, Loki (excuse the mess in the picture-my house does NOT look like that today!).
Loki is my "first" furbaby I have ever owned. I've had cats when I was little, but he was my first cat I actually owned all by myself. A little after moving in with my husband, we decided to get a cat because I had always grown up with cats and well, my future husband-to-be wanted nothing more, but to make me happy. So on October 17, 2005 (sweetest day), we went to the animal shelter and picked him out. He was in a cage up front playing with another orange kitty. He was so cute and so small, I just knew I had to get him. We named him Loki, after the Norse god of mischief. Since having him, he has played fetch with me like a dog, brought me a real live mouse one day (eeek!!!!!!! I'll never forget that day!), given me so much love and shown me so many days of happiness. After Alexandra died, that was when he started to climb in my lap and just be by me more often. He never really was a lap kitty before, but he definitely is now. Also after Alexandra died, he got sick. I couldn't believe it and was wondering, 'great, first my baby, now my cat!' But we were able to fix him real fast and he is as good as new today! I cannot stress enough how much animals mean to you when you have them and how much they can change your mood. They always seem to know when you need them the most and for that, I love him so much! I even included him in our wedding program and thanked him for his "unconditional love". So, the whole reason he is in this post today is because it's his 5th birthday! Last year I actually forgot the day of and I felt so bad. But this year, having Alexandra's day coincide with his sure made me remember. I'm sure he would have been a little aggravated with Alexandra at first, but he would have warmed up to her soon (or at least put up with her for me). So, happy birthday to Loki today and happy 9 months to my sweet girl, Alexandra! I cannot believe it's been so long. It's officially been longer than I had Alexandra now. It seems unreal. Thanks to Loki, some of my darkest days of missing her were just a little brighter, all because of his purrs and naps in my lap. :-)






















That is so sweet. Happy birthday to Loki and to Alexandra too!! I'm not much of a cat person but did have one once and I had him trained to play fetch too. I'd ball up a little piece of paper and throw it down the hall and he'd retrieve it and drop it at my feet. So cute. Animals just have a sense of when we need them.
ReplyDelete<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 for my sweet sweet niece Alexandra
ReplyDeleteand Happy Birthday Loki!!
and I am glad to see a marvelous monday post from you...ironically i skipped a few, and did one tonight, am i surprised?? not at all lol