in response to these, but won't because I don't need any more drama than I already have...
"You've been invited to ____ 2nd birthday party! Please let me know if you cannot attend."
Response: Yeah, no thanks. The thought of attending a two-year old's party makes me want to stab a fork into my eye or maybe yours. Oh, it has nothing to do with the fact that I will never get to throw a party for my own two-year old... well, I might, but it will be considered morbid and I'll be judged for it, so instead I'll just keep it between my husband and I and maybe our parents and closest friends, since they are the only ones who actually "get it". And oh yeah, don't get all upset or surprised when I tell you I'm not coming.
"My baby is teething...it's so rough."
Response: Oh yeah, my baby is dead. Try that for rough.
"Ugh, I wish I had a life...and some money."
Response: Life must be so difficult caring for your brand new baby. I can only WISH I was lucky enough to have that part of your life that you have, but I don't and have to take care of my baby who is in the ground. But at least I have lots of cash!
"Tired of putting up with nonsense."
Response: Don't even get me started with "nonsense". My nonsense is my baby dying for no reason at all. Put up with that.
And the list could go on and on.... :) Feel better...bitterness quotient is now down just a bit... until the next barrage of ridiculous comments I come across. Please people. Get over yourselves.
Looking For You
5 years ago





















Ay, the stupid things people say. I think a large part of the population has absolutely no filter between what they think and what comes out of their mouth. UGH!
ReplyDeleteI hate stupid comments too, sorry that you have to deal with this. I am wishing for better days ahead. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeletei know what you mean, i hate listening to new moms gripe about not being able to sleep- well when your baby dies-you still can't sleep! and you don;t get to snuggle a sweet little one while spending those hours awake...you get to cry your eyes out.
ReplyDeleteTell it sister! Blah. I know if we are blessed with a living baby in the future, I will SO bite my own tongue.
ReplyDeleteLET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........STUPID comments PISS ME OFF and they piss me off more when they hurt you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteugh, how I WISH my biggest problem was not having a life, i like the 'im gonna treat myself to a glass of wine" yeah bitch, i can drink all day every day...lets trade!!!
Oh yes, this is very good. I was in the presence of some similar conversation with a group of moms. One was asking how long a phase lasted of being extra whiny and needy (her daughter was approaching two)as she started to complain she shut right up and quickly changed the subject as her eyes met mine. I think I was wearing a shut the f*@k up expression all over my face. Unfortunately not everyone gets the expression memo though.
ReplyDeletePeople really have no idea how lucky they are and these are the ones who get to have thier babies?!! Ah, so sorry. Hoping people will stop being stupid and grow a brain :)!
ReplyDeletehere here Maggie.. never a truer word spoken... you are lucky that your family help you celebrate and remember alexandra.. we just celebrated Matilda's first birthday - we being her father and i (and her little unborn brother)... on our own.. no one asked us what we were doing and no one in the whole family and closest friends bothered to ask about the day and what we were planning to do or how it went or anything! such is the life of a baby loss mama i suppose!
ReplyDeleteThese comments are definitely frustrating!! People just don't get it sometimes.
ReplyDelete