My 32nd birthday is tomorrow, but I'll be busy so I'm doing this post a day early. This picture is from last year's birthday and every time I see it, I can't help but think of where I was a year ago and how different it was from this year already. I hated my birthday last year. I was depressed and was in no mood to celebrate. I didn't care about presents, celebrating or doing anything special that day. People would ask me what I wanted for my birthday and I remember telling them I didn't care what I got. I was still healing from my c-section and I still looked a little pregnant, even thought I wasn't anymore. All I wanted was Alexandra. I can even spot a few baby items in that picture. All I remember about this birthday was crying and that it was nothing like what I had imagined. I do remember my husband saving the day by asking some family to come over and celebrate with me though. :-) What a guy, all he wanted was for me to be somewhat happy.
This year all of those things are stored away, out of sight, but my mood seems to be a lot lighter and maybe even, dare I say it, happier, even though I still miss Alexandra so very much.
Looking For You
5 years ago






















Happy Birthday! Any birthday plans?
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday young one!
ReplyDeleteMaggie, wishing you a very happy birthday and sending you my love. You look beautiful btw...and that cake looks good enough to eat!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, dear friend!! Wishing you a lovely day. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweetie! I hope you have a lovely day!
ReplyDeletePlease have a nice birthday - you deserve it! (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you have a good day. I too felt the same way with my birthday last year. ((Hugs)) and Love
ReplyDeleteHope you have a happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Maggie!!
ReplyDeleteAww. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one. I was doing some blog hoping and I saw your blog's name and it caught my attention . ( My name is Alexandra also). Hope you come by blog when you have a chance.
ReplyDelete