January 10, 2010

Butterflies

A couple of years ago, my husband and I planted (or actually he planted it- I am not much of a gardener at all!) a butterfly bush in our backyard. Every summer we always have butterflies. When I was pregnant with Alexandra, one of the things I was looking forward to the most was showing her the butterflies in the summer. I think she would have liked them.

After Alexandra died, we were given a ton of sympathy cards and gifts. The cards had butterflies on them and in the basket, there was a butterfly marker that is now next to her grave. We also bought a butterfly ornament for her at Christmas, so I guess butterflies have become something to remember Alexandra by (and also Winnie the Pooh, which was her theme in the nursery and something I still love to this day). 

2 comments:

  1. A lot of babyloss mamas remember their babies with butterflies. Butterflies are so delicate and beautiful just like our babies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Maggie *hugs* Winnie the Pooh would have been Jonathan's theme as well. Thinking of you and Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved