Looking back at my pregnancy, I wish I would have enjoyed it a little bit more. Don't get me wrong, I loved feeling her kicks and turns and listening to her heartbeat. I loved that. It's just that I never knew how much I wanted her until I lost her. I never knew how much I wanted to be a Mom and care for a newborn baby until she was gone. Now, all I want to do is be pregnant again and have a baby to care for. I'm ready, so very ready. At the same time, I'm also terrified of this happening again, so the next time, or better yet, IF I get pregnant again, I will be terrified. I worried a lot then? Now how much will I worry? I'm prepared to spend a full nine months in a hospital if that is what it takes to have a living baby! I know that's ridiculous, but if I could do that, I would.
I feel like sometimes we kind of just dove into this whole pregnancy thing. We had a 'let's see what happens' kind of attitude. When we did get pregnant, it was exciting. But I have to admit I was scared. I didn't know if I was ready to be a parent. I didn't know if I was ready for the sacrifices we would have to make. I didn't know if I was ready to change my life completely for this new little baby. We have three cats, who are adored and I admit that I was actually a little worried that I would not be able to pay as much attention to them once a new baby was in the house. I was promising myself that no matter what, I would still love my kitties and be with them just as much as I do now once Alexandra was born.
During those last few months, I was feeling so uncomfortable and so tired and so very sick of just being pregnant. I had it! I wanted the baby to be born. I couldn't wait for December to come. I was looking forward to not being pregnant anymore. I was looking forward to not worrying every single day about something going wrong. I wanted to be myself again. I can't tell you how afraid I was just driving to and from work every day. I was always afraid of getting into some terrible accident and losing the baby. That was one of my biggest fears. The worry was killing me. I just wanted to not be pregnant so I could stop worrying (of course once you are a parent, you never truly stop worrying about your children). I just wanted a healthy baby.
Now, I would give anything to feel that way again. When I go on Facebook and see the friends that had babies around the same time I was supposed to have Alexandra, it just depresses me. Really?? You are complaining about your baby screaming her head off for the last five hours? I would give anything to have that in my house right now. I want to change dirty diapers. I want to worry about having to bundle up a bunch of kids and take them out to the store. I want to be up all night feeding my baby. I just hope they realize how lucky they really are. You never really know how much you want something until it's gone.
Looking For You
5 years ago





















I know what you mean about people complaining - it drives me crazy. I am constantly frustrated about everything I can do right now and I wish I could not do it, I should still be on bedrest.
ReplyDeleteI can't listen to the complaints...that doesn't go over that well.
ReplyDeleteYou are right though we would do anything including standing on our head for nine months if that meant we would have a healthy baby. *hugs*