How did I get here today? How did we all get to here? A year ago today I wasn't even pregnant. I was starting to wonder if I could even get pregnant. Then sometime during March I finally did and everything changed. I was looking forward to finally starting a family. Every day seemed so hopeful and I couldn't wait to get to the next week. Life seemed full of possibility. By September, my pregnancy was beginning to feel really long. It was taking forever to get to December! Alexandra was due on December 20th. Time seemed to be moving so slowly. Now, time seems to be moving so fast. How can you go from one extreme to another? I had her back in November and it seems like forever ago even though it still feels like yesterday. That probably doesn't even make sense! The holidays came and went and here I am. It's almost February and it has been almost three months since we have lost our Alexandra. When did time start moving so fast? Sometimes I feel like the days don't even matter. It's just a day. I also can't help but think that my husband's family is starting to only focus on this new baby coming soon. It feels like everyone forgot about Alexandra and the fact that we lost our daughter. I think I read somewhere that the three month mark was the hardest. The sympathy cards have stopped coming in a long time ago. People call and visit less. We aren't receiving food or gifts anymore. People have moved on with their lives despite us still feeling as if our world has come to an end. I hate it. The days and weeks right after losing Alexandra I didn't want to talk to or see anybody! I wanted everyone to just leave me the hell alone. And now all I really want is for people to let me know they still care about Alexandra. I'm not concerned about people thinking of me. I just don't want people to forget about Alexandra. I'm just sick of it all. I'm sick of the empty feelings. I want that happiness back.
Maggie,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss of sweet Alexandra. I know exactly what you mean about time going slow and fast. About that day seeming so long ago yet just like yesterday at the same time.
And the funny thing about other people seems to be they crowd you when you are not ready to talk and when you are they are no longer there.....
Praying for you and sending you big hugs,
Katy
Its so hard when the extra TLC stops....it becomes more lonely. Know that we are hear for you. *huge hugs*
ReplyDeletehi maggie,
ReplyDeletesorry you are feeling lost... you are not alone... if you can try and get away - even if its just for the weekend... i found that going somewhere with no one but my partner really helped me.. i could be what i felt like being and didnt have to worry about bumping into anyone or putting on a brave face..
i hope you are feeling a wee bit better
*hugs*
I get this. I have had days where I could have written this exact post, and have written similar snippets. I am really funny about having visitors in my house - I always have been. It is my space, my safety zone, my place to be alone. That is exactly how I wanted it after Gracie died, but a day came that I wanted people to visit, because I wanted to know that they were still thinking about her. Same deal with the cards, the phone calls, the emails and the food - I wanted it all to stop, but when it all finally ended I immediately started thinking that everyone had forgotten her. We are all here for you - we all understand. Hugs to you...
ReplyDelete