This post is dedicated to pregnant women everywhere. Let me be more specific. It's dedicated to the innocent, naive, pregnant women who never had to suffer a terrible loss. Yes, you know who you are! You're the ones who follow me in stores, restaurants, movies, etc. and mock me with your bulging bellies and smiling faces. Dear pregnant women, I appreciate your ever glowing pregnancy announcements I receive on Facebook every damn day I login. I'm certainly happy to hear that one more person I know is pregnant and I am not. I'm excited for the baby that you will have in nine months. You should be happy to know that I have already taken care of the 1 in 150 chance of having a stillbirth, so you don't need to worry about that silly statistic. You can thank me later.
To Babies R Us, thank you for your daily reminders I receive in the mail. This also goes to the generous Enfamil company who continues to send me coupons and samples for very expensive baby formula. I am flattered that you would still think of me, but I have no use for these coupons so I'm not quite sure why you feel you need to torture me with your flyers of happy, laughing babies and tips on how to take care of my dead infant. The truth is unless your products are something I can maybe lay on my daughter's gravesite, I really have no use for them. It's a waste of your time and money and also mine. So, please save yourself some postage and stop sending me this shit immediately. When you think about it, it really benefits the both of us.
Ah, I feel better. Now I'm off to give Babies R Us and Enfamil a piece of my mind. If anyone else needs to complain, please let me know because I am on a roll. I would be happy to tell these companies to fuck off for fellow baby loss mamas as well. :)
Looking For You
5 years ago





















Oh yes, I remember those stabs in the heart...why can't a girl check her damn mail or e-mail inbox without seeing reminders of what life was supposed to be like...Ugh, I still get e-mails on what my one year old should be doing...
ReplyDeleteThat sucks, especially the pregnant people - for me it is that everyone around me is having babies EVERYWHERE. My good friend told me today that they were sold out of newborn diapers in all the stores in our town becuase there were so many new babies. Yeah well I have some and you can't have them!
ReplyDeleteI just love the "Congratulations On Your New Baby" coupons etc I would receive after Jonathan's due date. *huge hugs* Thinking of you.
ReplyDeletei just got baby coupons from target in the mail yesterday, and i felt the same way...
ReplyDeleteand i have one of those naive pregnant woman in my life, my sister in law. and to top it off she is planning a home birth, which is the reason my baby is not breathing right now. what can i say, she was there at the funeral and saw my dead baby in her casket. how could you still think everything will be fine woman???? must be nice to be so innocent. i miss that.