October 11, 2010

Day 10

Day 10 - a photo taken over 10 years ago of you and how it makes you feel seeing it now.

I don't have any pictures of me saved on my computer that are over ten years old, so this one is going to have to do. It was taken six years ago when I went on a cruise with my husband (then boyfriend). We had just started dating. I was twenty-five. Here we are in Grand Cayman at a turtle farm. I look pretty happy. Looking back on it, it feels like I had my whole life in front of me. I was working at an old job, had a new boyfriend and just finished school. I'm forever going to think... and in about five years, you're going to give birth to your first daughter...and she's going to be stillborn...and it's going to be the worst thing that has ever happened to you. Ugh, I hate thinking like that. Here's to a more innocent and happier, carefree time. I miss those days.

4 comments:

  1. If we all knew then what we know now, would any of us done anything differently? (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Maggie I know what you mean. I have a hard time looking at older pictures of my husband and I. I have to resist the urge to scream a warning to the two in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome you got to hold a sea turtle! I think now that every picture I look at will be through the lens of losing Lyra. "In only two years I'd lose her." ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved