Day 18 - my wedding/future wedding/past wedding.
My wedding was really one of the happiest days of my life. I say one of because I would like to think that even though the day Alexandra was born was so sad...it was happy too because I finally got to see her. Anyway, my husband I got married after maybe five years of dating. However, I had known him since I was around ten years old! So, he was always in my life in some way. We got married a year later after we got engaged on November 17, 2007. Unfortunately, now our wedding date will always be a little bittersweet, since it's a day right after Alexandra died. Maybe it was just her way of being that much closer to us though.
Our wedding and reception all took place at the Hyatt Arcade hotel in Cleveland, OH. Here is a picture of what it looked like before the ceremony. As an extra bonus, the hotel had just started putting up their Christmas decorations that weekend, so that was really neat and added a nice, unexpected touch. You can't really see it in the picture, but the aisle I walked down was leading up to those stairs and that's where I had to walk. I remember being so afraid of falling and making a complete ass out of myself!
I had my best friend marry us Monica/Chandler style. :-) And I only had a Best Man and Maid of Honor, so the ceremony was kind of unique in that sense. After the ceremony, while we did pictures, guests got to taste some of the hors d'oeuvres, which were passed out to the guests. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat...well, without all the planning! Maybe just that one night!
Looking For You
5 years ago























Wow! That place is huge!!!
ReplyDeleteWow is right! That place is gorgeous! And I'm a dork, I didn't say much about our actual wedding on my blog, but about how we got there. Very pretty dress!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful venue! Gorgeous bride... inside and out!
ReplyDeletexo
Gorgeous. : ) <3
ReplyDelete