October 16, 2010

Happy 11 Months to Alexandra and a special request.


Happy 11 months to my sweet, Alexandra! I can barely believe it's been nearly an entire year of missing her. Some days are easier than others. I think the anticipation of her one-year anniversary coming up next month is worse than what the actual day will be like. Lately, I've been wondering how I'm going to be that day. Will I have flashbacks to that awful day? Will it be just like any other day or anniversary of hers? Will it be terrible? I think the thing that scares me the most is people who I know, like family will be completely oblivious to this day unless I mention something. And the mere fact I need to remind anyone of the day's significance kind of annoys me in the first place. But no matter what, at least she'll be remembered by her Mommy & Daddy. Regardless of what it may be, I'm taking off that day to just be with my husband and remember her. I've been thinking of doing something special for her, but I'm not entirely sure what.

So, here's where my special request comes into play. I think we can all agree that seeing our baby's name is one of the best things of all. Personally, it's been one of the most comforting things for me since her loss and just one of the reasons I'm so thankful to have found this BLM community. I truthfully probably would never have thought of doing anything creative with her name if it had not been for stumbling upon these blogs. So I am asking anyone who would like to do something creative for Alexandra's first birthday to do so. It doesn't have to be big and you are definitely not obligated to, but I think if I get enough, then doing a slideshow or something like that would be nice. I have seen some people do something similar to this and I think it's a great thing to have. Feel free to send me pictures up until her anniversary date, which is November 16th. From the bottom of my heart and on behalf of Alexandra... I thank you for remembering her. :-)

6 comments:

  1. First off I love the new look!! The days leading up to the first anniversary are hard, but for me the day was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. We did a little balloon release and lit some candles at kenner's grave site with friends and family. also be prepaired to have your inbox flooded with my names I create for you :) I love doing names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love the new design! It is just so pretty. I think the unknown of the first year anniversary was the hardest for me. It was a similar feeling to when my due date was approaching. I wish I could tell you how you will be that day. I wish for you to have some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, the days leading up were the worst. Her actual birthday was good day for us.

    Happy 11 months Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard waiting for the anniversary because you don't know how you are going to feel (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The days leading up to Calvin's birthday/anniversary were difficult, but preparing for the celebration I think made it easier, because I felt connected to him. There was a point though when I wondered if it was a good idea, if I would be a mess.

    Worrying about other people remembering our babies is something that I think is common to a lot of babyloss mommies. But you're right, what matters most is that Mommy and Daddy will always remember Alexandra.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved