Day 25 - your day, in great detail
My day, in great detail really isn't all that exciting and I cannot imagine anyone wanting to actually hear about it, but here it goes. I'm a paralegal. While I was going to college, I soon realized there are no good jobs for Art History, unless you want to be a curator or maybe a professor, which was my first intention. However, I realized I would have to talk in front of a class every day and me...public speaking? Not really my thing. So I basically finished my major since I was so close to graduating, with some hopes of going to law school. I was going to be one of those intellectual property lawyers who defend the rights for the arts and copyright protection and all that stuff. However, law school never quite panned out. I took the LSAT, but never applied anywhere. I'm not quite sure why, but that's how I fell into the paralegal profession. I figured I could still work in a law firm, but do all the background work.
Here is a usual day for me. I like to think of the movie, Office Space when I think of my daily life. I'm usually up by 8:00 a.m. at the latest, I screw around the house eating breakfast and playing with the cats and then I usually leave way later than I should. Then there's the commute, which usually pisses me off (and the great thing is, I'm only about 20 minutes away from work...but with traffic, you never know). I work for three attorneys and my firm focuses on Patent/Trademark law, which means, I spend five days a week, on this site most of the day and the day is spent mostly doing letters, filing new patent/trademark applications, etc. Some days it's okay, other days I want to choke someone... but it's definitely better than all the retail/service jobs I had in the past. This is my second job as a paralegal. Before I worked in criminal/insurance defense, so when I got this job, intellectual property was vastly different than anything I had done before, but it was the field I always wanted to work in. Some people think it's exciting or interesting, but I cannot tell you how many days are just so.very.boring. But every once in a while, it is.
After work, I usually just turn into a lazy couch potato and watch TV, blog, go on Facebook or whatever. It's my me time and I wish I had more of it. I also really wish I could throw in a, "then I go and pick up Alexandra from daycare" phrase...but we all know that never happens. :-(
See?...really, not all that exciting. :-)
Looking For You
5 years ago





















No comments:
Post a Comment