October 19, 2010

Day 17

Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc) that moves you.

I was an art history major, so I could have searched all night for an answer to this question. I'm going to say this though.


This is a painting by Edward Hopper. I actually did a computer art project with the painting shown here. He was an American artist and has always been a favorite of mine. For whatever reason, I've always been one to identify with themes of sadness and loneliness. A lot of paintings by him deal with subjects that are displaced, people by themselves or empty spaces. It sounds depressing, but for some reason, I love them all.

2 comments:

  1. I love love Edward Hopper. I know what you mean, but I don't think they are depressing at all...they are usually rich with color and shed light on those displaced people or those empty spaces. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved