October 22, 2010

Day 20

Day 20 - a hobby of yours and how it changed since your loss.


I've always loved to read. Ever since losing Alexandra though, my reading material has become stories about loss, stillbirth, pregnancy loss, etc. I literally have tons of brand new books just waiting to be read, but I never got around to it. Those stories were no longer interesting to me. However, every book I have regarding pregnancy loss is read and has been read in either one night or at least a week. I haven't really been reading any currently, but right after Alexandra died, I couldn't read enough. I needed to feel less alone. I needed to know that this happened to others and I wanted to know how they coped with it. I also wanted to have some hope that one day, we will be able to bring a baby home like everyone else. I wanted to believe I could have some sense of happiness. Hopefully one day those other books will be read. Right now, I just don't have the time or desire to read them.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. That's all I seem to read.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved