October 9, 2010

Day 8

Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad.



I hate this picture. For one, my hair is messed up...I don't match... and well, it's four days before Alexandra died. I remember it all so clearly. I had just gotten home from touring the daycare. It was a Friday. My work just threw me a baby shower for her and I had even more new stuff for her! My maternity leave was literally going to start the week after the next. I remember all these days leading up to her birth. I even remember feeling not that great...but of course I thought it was just normal pregnant stuff. Maybe it wasn't... and I'll wonder that for the rest of my life. I had four more weeks to go. I turned 35 weeks pregnant the day before she died. Our nursery was pretty set and all we were doing was washing clothes and towels. I remember asking my husband to take this picture because I had not had a picture of me this far along yet. It was the last and final picture of my pregnancy. I look pretty happy, despite me feeling like crap. I miss you baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie. I'm so sorry it ended up this way.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful bump she made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad yet, in some small way, aren't you glad you have this photo all the same?

    It saddens me that I don't have one last babybump photo. Everything seemed so rushed once I found out that Claire was gone and I had to deliver her that it never occurred to me to take one. last. picture.

    And by the way... you look adorable in the pic!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are cute in this picture, but I understand why it makes you sad. It's a picture of you happy & innocent, not knowing what was going to happen. I'm so sorry that your baby girl died. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved