Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly).
I'm not much of a crier, except for when I'm misssing Alexandra. But if I have to pick a song that nearly makes me cry, it's "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls. I think the part about him saying, "I know that you feel me somehow" really gets to me for some reason. I know this is one of the songs that took on new meaning to me once Alexandra died. I still like it a lot.
And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
Looking For You
5 years ago





















oh my gosh, I forgot that song. I just teared up. It's funny how I used to relate all of these songs to ex boyfriends or crushes but now every love song about loss reminds me of B.
ReplyDeleteI love that song! The song kinda takes on a new meaning now.
ReplyDeleteI love this song as well. I just read the lyrics and really thought about them and it brings on new meaning.
ReplyDelete