July 12, 2010

A Different Child

A different child,
People notice

There's a special glow around you,

You grow

Surrounded by love,

Never doubting you are wanted;

Only look at the pride and joy

In your mother and father's eyes.
And if sometimes

Between the smiles

There's a trace of tears,

One day

You'll understand.

You'll understand

There was once a different child

Who was in their hopes and dreams.

That child will never outgrow the baby clothes

That child will never keep them up at night
In fact, that child will never be of any trouble at all

Except sometimes, in a silent moment,

When mother and father miss so much

That different child.

May hope and love wrap you warmly

And may you learn the lesson forever

How infinitely precious

How infinitely fragile

Is this life on Earth.

One day, as a young man or woman

You may see another mother's tears

Another father's silent grief

Then you, and you alone

Will understand

And offer the greatest comfort.

When all hope seems lost,

You will tell them

With great compassion,

"I know how you feel.

I am only here

Because my mother tried again."

10 comments:

  1. Awwww this is sweet...and I love the 'makeover' too!! a new look for a new maggie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the most beautiful thing i've read in a long time. i'm just pregnant with my rainbow baby and have been thinking alot about all you have written about, thanks xxx anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so beautifully written!!! Sending you all my love today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so beautiful, I am in tears. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Maggie...this took my breath away. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this poem. Did you write it?? Can I steal it and post it on facebook? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved