July 22, 2010

Question 4

Question 4 comes from my friend, Katy, who asks "If you had one piece of advice for a new BLM what would it be?"

I always want to say so many things to new BLMs whenever I meet them. I think if I had to choose one specific piece of advice, it would be to be patient with yourself and your grief. Don't expect the sadness and pain to disappear after a certain amount of time. Grief has no timeline, especially after losing a child. I know after Alexandra died, it was so frustrating crying every, single day and night. I thought it would never stop and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to move forward from where I was. I remember asking my husband when the pain was going to go away and when or if I would ever smile or laugh again like I had once before. Those first few days, weeks and months seemed so dark, but now looking back I think I just had to be patient with myself and my grief.

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful advice! Keep up the good work! Your blog is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good advice, I love the questions! Can't wait to hear more.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!!! that is exactly what i say....there are no rules to it, what works for you is the best way to go with...some heal sooner than others, and some need more time....I would say the same thing...(but you already know that since we share half a brain lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a still new BLM, thank you for such helpful advice. Knowing that the grief will eventually get easier, gives me a little bit of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is perfect advice, and something I stuggle to remember every day

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved