Melissa, who is also a Mommy to an Alexandra, asks me, "What it the most positive change Alexandra has caused in your life?" Before I say anything, I just have to say I imagine both of our babies playing with each other every day. I'm sure their BFFs! ;)
I have to say the most positive change Alexandra caused in my life is this blog! I have said it before and I'll say it again. This blog has been MY therapy. So many "people" think I'm doing terrible or am so depressed or think I "need therapy". Well guess what, I have it. It's this blog. They just don't know about it! I never thought I would ever create a blog of my own, but after reading so many after Alexandra died, I realized how helpful it could be. I'm so thankful I did too because thanks to this, I have met so many wonderful women and friends. Thanks to all of you, I have felt a little less alone, I have learned that my feelings are okay and normal and many bad days have been not so bad after coming on here for a while. So this blog is the best thing that came out of losing Alexandra. Some days I wish I never had it because that would mean she would be here, but I am so very glad this blog is here! I hope that some of the things in this blog have helped some fellow babyloss mamas on their journey too.
Looking For You
5 years ago





















i so agree. i don't know where i'd be w/o my blog, by babyloss sisters, and all of their blogs. "my therapy" is exactly what i call it. thank god for the internet!
ReplyDeleteAmen sisters!!! <3 I love yall!
ReplyDeleteThat is so true, I was so anti internet before Blaine. But especially for women like me who don't have any "real life" friends who have been in this situation, it is so important to have this outlet, to have strong women like you cheering me on and letting me know that I'm not in this alone. We are our own group therapy. And while I wish we could have all met under different circumstances I guess it's true "when God closes a door he opens a window."
ReplyDeleteditto!!! so true the therapy i get in real life is NOTHING compared to the blog...if it was not for the blog, i would be in a whole other place emotionally...i go there DUMP the load and keep it going..sometimes the load is not so heavy..someimes it needs to "soak" before washing my brain...lol...i think i have a new title post..."this blog is my washing machine" lmao
ReplyDeleteI def believe blogging is good therapy!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way, Maggie. The connections I have made through my blog are the strongest I have in relation to Claire... you ladies "get" me and I love that I don't have to explain myself any further than that!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your continued support!
xo
I agree and feel the same it definitely is a great outlet!
ReplyDelete