July 25, 2010

What is your most treasured keepsake of Alexandra's?

Holly from Caring for Carleigh asks me what is my most treasured keepsake of Alexandra's? I would have to say her pictures, since I only have a few. I'm sure I can literally count on both hands the number of actual pictures I have of her. They can't be more than ten and that in itself is just sad. I should have hundreds of pictures of her growing up. Instead, I have only a few the hospital took of her that day and the few that are on my cell phone. But, they are my favorite things I have of her because I can look back and remember her and remember what she looked like. As the months go by, I'm starting to forget what she looked like. Her face seems to fade away until I look at her pictures and then I remember everything so clearly. I remember her face. I remember her hands. I remember what she felt like. I remember how tiny she was. Those are my best memories of Alexandra and the reason why her pictures are my most treasured keepsake.

4 comments:

  1. What little we have of our babies is often what brings us as much comfort as one can have in our journey. I am so glad that you have pictures of your darling Alexandra to look upon.

    many hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs)))) this is close to my heart too...I keep her pictures so close to me..as you know...I have her photo as the screen saver of my cell phone and I kiss her every night before bed. I should be kissing HER...instead of the phone *Sigh*.....Love you and Alexandra....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Q & A sessions! Sorry I missed it as I am behind on my blogging! Love reading though! Hugs to you Maggie. I love pictures also, they are my most favorite possession.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures are def something to treasure b/c things do start to fade in the mind over time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved