My third question comes from another one of my favorite blog friends, Michelle! She asks, "Have you told the family about this new little one and if so, what did they have to say? I'm especially interested in those who haven't been very supportive about your grieving."
This is a great question! Yes, I have told my family. My family was very supportive and excited. My husband told his family and his parents were very supportive as they have always been and very happy for us both. As far as those who have not been, the truth is, I don't know. I know at least one is genuinely happy and excited for us both. As for the other one, well, she sent my husband a text (of course a text and not an actual call) and said congrats to him. As for me, I haven't heard a peep from her and have no idea how she truly feels about it and quite frankly, I don't care. It's sad that she can't even bring herself to say "Congratulations" to me and it's sad that she thinks I'm the bad guy in all of this mess. I wish she understood me better. I wish things were different. I wish I wasn't fretting over this every, single day. This weekend I have a picnic to go to and I've been regretting it for a good month knowing she will probably be there...with the baby...everyone cooing and ahhing over her baby....while I stand somewhere in the background trying to ignore everything or figure out a way to escape. Ugh! Hate it! But to get back to the question, the people who have been there for me have been great! Those who haven't... I really don't care about and I'll leave it at that! :-)
Looking For You
5 years ago





















Telling the family when I get a BFP is going to be hard. I know so many of them will be supportive and overjoyed but I worry the most about my father. He is super old school (he's 70) and already has expressed his opinion that I should lose weight before we try again. I wish I wasn't afraid to talk to him.
ReplyDeleteMaggie, I know that it is hard to see that everyone is not happy for you or at least expressing that happiness. I dont know about your SIL. It sounds like she is hurt. Not the same hurt that we feel of course. Fortunately she does not understand, that doesnt help us I know. She in her own way may feel abandoned. I dont think this is going the way I intended.
ReplyDeleteBy no means I do not condone her behavior, all the stuff about the clothes, throwing adult fits, that kind of stuff. I guess a small(teeny, tiny) part of me understands. Just a little. Anyway I hope all goes well on Saturday at the Picnic.
Love/Hate this post...LOVE that your family is so supportive and happy as we all are...HATE that we even have to talk about this Biatch still...who cares what she thinks...NOT US...you have a great time on saturday and while they are cooing and ahhing her baby you show off my jumping bean, and talk about Alexandra's butterfly release and you MAKE yourself be known...you are not a leper and need not hide away this weekend..STEAL the thunder, thats what I say. I wish i can say "oh give it a chance" but you have and you went and held her baby...to me its equivalent to walking on water after burying your OWN daughter just months before at 35 weeks...These people dont get it...Love Love the positive people...F the rest xxoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete