My next question is from Anthony's Mommy, who asks, "What advice would you give to BBC moms who want to TTC again but are scared to attempt again?"
This is a fantastic question! Having the courage to try again has got to be one of the hardest things. For my husband and I, it wasn't really a difficult decision. We had our doubts, but I remember the day we lost Alexandra we said to each other we would do anything we could to have another child and try again. After Alexandra died, it was then that I realized how much I wanted her and how much I really wanted a baby. I think if I were to tell someone advice about TTC again, it would just be to trust it, have hope and a lot of courage. Easier said than done, right? I myself don't even trust things anymore. I'm constantly doubting myself and others. Before this new little one, I felt very hopeless in getting pregnant again at all. I had hope, but I had doubts, if that makes any sense. I think one of the things that helped the most was seeing people have babies after a loss. They gave me hope and made me realize that it does and can work for people after all. I know several people who have had multiple losses and have gone on to have healthy children. Some of them are blog friends and others are friends in real life. I thought if they can do it, why can't I? You have to take a shot, right? Take that leap and have hope that it will work, otherwise you'll never know if you don't try. And I think that's worse than not trying. I would hate to wonder the rest of my life, what would happen if I just stopped trying after Alexandra?? I spend enough time wondering what went wrong with Alexandra, I don't need to wonder about anything else anymore! I hope some of the things I said are helpful to some. I know it seems impossible and I know this decision is different for each person, depending on the type of loss, if they found an answer, etc., but I think in the end, it all comes down to wanting to be a parent to a living child and having the courage to try again.
Looking For You
5 years ago





















as terrified as i am of this happening again, i'm more terrified of never being a mother to a living child, so it's a risk i'm absolutely willing to take. and i want that NOW. so impatient.
ReplyDeleteSeeing people with babies after a loss really helped me see that there was hope.
ReplyDeleteAnother great bit of advice, Maggie!
ReplyDeleteI knew for myself that as scared as I would be (and now as scared as I am every day of this pregnancy) that I didn't want my reproductive years to end with a loss. I will hold on to my memories of my Claire for as long as I live but, for myself, I really needed to have one last living child to really and truly complete my family.
My husband was ready almost right away to try again, it took me a while to come to a point where I was as ready as I thought I would ever be. I still feel guilty some days but I know that I am not moving on from Claire, I am just moving forward for my family.
I think it is important to remember that it is different for everyone... don't be afraid if you are ready in a time frame that you think is too quick for others or on the other hand a year or 2 or 5... do what is right for you and know that it will be scary, of course, but it can bring you so much joy too... and ultimately that is what we all deserve.
xo
Thanks Maggie for answering my question. Will and I said we would definately try again after loosing Anthony. We waited long enough to get approval from out OB, RE, and primary care Doc. We are dealing with infertility and are using ART (Assistive Reproductive Technology) our next big step is tomorrow. (Yay) I asked this question because sometimes we benefit from the opinions of others. At times its out of fear.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby and I knew before Carleigh was even born that we would try again. It helps to know that other people do go on to have healthy children.
ReplyDelete