March 3, 2010

32nd Street Blog Parade!

Because we all deserve a little break and some fun, right?

1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?

I would have to say my favorite time of the day is when I'm home, off work and with my husband and my kitties! So anytime after 5:00 p.m. or the weekend!

2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?

Pasta or french fries...mmmm......



3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?

This one is easy. My wish would be for Alexandra to be with us of course and to be able to watch her grow up and share everything I love with her. Oh how I wish I could have done that. I would give anything!

4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?

Hmm..I'm not sure. If this was still elementary school it would be the fact I'm Asian. Kids are so mean! But now I really cannot think of anything. Maybe being really short?

5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?


Friends! I am a Friends fanatic! I was with them from the very beginning. All my friends were watching My So Called Life and the next day at school I would never know the jokes or the latest drama between Jordan and Claire because I was watching Ross & Rachel. Friends got me through a lot of hard times too. Being away at college (I was pathetically homesick! So pathetic, I later transferred to another college so I could commute), the times I felt so lonely and now I flip them on if I'm ever feeling sad or missing Alexandra a lot. Their always there for me and I still love them! I can relate to Chandler the most because I'm so sarcastic and sometimes feel like a loser and I am constantly putting myself down.

6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?

Having just watched the Olympics, I think it would be ice-skating. Love it! I took lessons when I was 9 or 10 and never kept up with them! Damn! I could be her....


7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?


Hawaii! I would go back to Hawaii and stay there for months! It's beautiful. Who wouldn't want to be there? My husband and I went before we were even married. Just two kids dating and having fun. Okay we weren't really kids. I was twenty-six or twenty-seven. Still though it feels like I was so much younger then, especially now. I was also terribly innocent. I would love to be back to here for just one day again.

8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?

Angry chick music all the way!

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?


Coach! Or maybe some big designer like Gucci or Prada, I'm not sure. I like the GAP too, but with $10,000 I'm not shopping at the GAP. I'll go somewhere else! :-)

10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?

When I was pregnant with Alexandra. Yes, I felt like crap. Yes, I was tired and uncomfortable for a lot of the months. But I had her with me and she was alive. I miss feeling her and watching her move around in me. I wish I would have enjoyed it a little bit more than I did. If I only knew... sigh.

11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?


Blue, any shade of blue. One time I ordered a bunch of clothes from the GAP and when I got them I realized they were all navy blue. I was almost embarrassed at not getting anything in any other color. I guess I really like blue.

12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?

(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)

Bashful. I am very shy despite what it may sound like here or on my Facebook.


13. What's the last album you listened to?

My Chemical Romance, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I just love all their albums. Right now I'm listening to their song Helena. The lead singer wrote it for his Grandma after she died. While the words may not totally reflect how I feel about Alexandra, I do like hearing them sing, "So long and goodnight...". So long and goodnight Alexandra. Goodnight isn't goodbye. It seems a little less final. I'll see you again soon little girl.   (ooh, but not too soon! I have to stay here with Daddy and please let me get to know your sister/brother first if that's possible, okay?) Okay, sounds like a deal! :-)


14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?

I am adopted. My Mom adopted me when I was seven months old from South Korea. She picked me up at Chicago O'Hare. When I was pregnant she couldn't really relate to anything I was going through. She didn't go through any of it. She just drove to the airport one day and there I was! That almost sounds better, but then again adoption doesn't even have its guarantees. But sometimes I wonder if I'm meant to adopt too like my Mom? I'm open to the idea of adoption, but I really want the chance to see someone who shares traits from my husband and me. I never got the chance to say I have my Mom's eyes or her smile. I think that's just so special. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved