
I actually look forward to seeing Marvelous Mondays every week. I like to see what others are grateful for and it's always nice to read a lighter story from everyone. If you are not sure what Marvelous Mondays are click on the above button and visit Rachel's blog Three Butterflies and a Monkey (or see some previous posts of mine). On this Marvelous Monday I am thankful for a couple of things. Mostly, I am thankful for YOU! All of you! I continue to be amazed by the amount of support and care that is given by others in the blogging community. Your strength, care, and thoughtfulness have really helped me. When I am at my lowest, a random comment or maybe seeing Alexandra's name written somewhere by any one of you can bring me up just like that. And somehow, it's different when it comes from one of you rather than someone say in my real life. I could say I'm feeling sad and a person would say, 'Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better' and that's nice and all, but is it heartfelt? Do they mean it? When it comes from one of you I know it is. I know that little comment really means something. So to all of you that have ever commented, read, sent me something or really just read my rambling posts, thank you for caring and thank you for your support. It does really help and I really hope that some of my boring posts help you too. :-)
It's been almost four months since losing Alexandra. I've mentioned it before that the cards, calls and visits have stopped for a long time and in some ways that hurts. People probably expect things to be all better and back to normal by now, but any one of us know that we will never be back to normal again. So whenever we get a call, a kind word or a card in the mail now that really makes me feel good. Today my boss' wife sent us a card saying they were glad to have me back at work. Things like that really make my day. It is very encouraging, so today I am also thankful for the people who have not forgotten and show that they still care. Their small gestures really make a difference!





















you are so right. just hearing someone say ella's name means more to me than anything else. thinking of beautiful, alexandra. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful for you also Maggie! Thanks for looking for the positive on marvelous Monday and sharing Alexandra with us:)
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for everyone I have met on here as well, I think I would feel a lot more alone without everyone!
ReplyDeleteI too am thankful for everyone. Thank you being being a friend, Maggie! xx
ReplyDeleteNowhere in my life are my babies acknowledged like they really are my children. I understand what you mean about just seeing Alexandra's name or a comment...they mean so much.
ReplyDelete