March 2, 2010

February Meeting at Meet You At The Sunset


Some people say men and women grieve differently. Others say that we as a human race grieve differently to each other. Some people believe that we all grieve the same just at different stages of time.
If you have a partner how has this grieving process been for you both. Do you differ much in how you live with grief? Has it torn you apart or brought you closer together? Have you learned anything about your partner that you did not know beforehand? Share what you feel comfortable with. Link your post from your blog in the Mr Linky below.

If I could take something positive about this entire experience I know one thing would be my marriage. I feel like this has brought me closer with my husband. I think a new living baby would have brought us closer as well, but unfortunately we will never know how that would have changed us, at least for right now. All we have is our experience with Alexandra and in a way I think that's almost better because we know we are able to survive the bad times as well as the good times. For better or for worse are typical marriage vows. Losing a child definitely falls into the worse part of marriage. Like I said in a previous post, my husband has been my rock through this. He took care of me when it mattered the most and continues to do so every single day. I could be a crying, bitter, angry woman taking out all my frustration on the poor guy and he would still continue to love me. What more can I ask for than that?
 
I have learned that he is able to talk about everything more freely than I am. I'm a quiet person to begin with so I'm not as willing to talk about things unless someone directly asks me about it. I also know he is a lot more sensitive than I thought when we were first dating. I always knew he was and he always acted like it, but of course I saw a different side to him after losing Alexandra. I saw a father grieving for his daughter.
 
We are still able to talk about Alexandra and we are not afraid to bring up the subject at all with each other. We have pictures of Alexandra in our house so we see her every day. We still miss her and we're doing everything we can to keep her in our lives. I'm so glad and feel so lucky to be married to my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have written this better myself! I think Chris and I have gotten WAY closer. Although, Nolan brought us closer living or not, but we will never know the other situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post! I know my husband and I are stronger then before we lost Jonathan. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved