March 24, 2010

Good moods

I'm in a lighter mood today. I don't know if it's because the sun came out for the first time here in a few days or what, but my mood is lighter. I never know what to make out of my so called, "good moods" anymore because from history something has been lurking in the corner to bring me down in a matter of seconds. So what is it? A call from my sister-in-law? More baby news from someone I never saw coming? None of you of course! Baby news in this community is somehow welcoming and brings me genuine joy for whomever it may be. What is going to kick me in the ass this time? Bring it I say! This time I'm ready! Ha ha...maybe not. It just goes to show you how much this changes you. Before if I was in a good mood I wouldn't think anything of it. Now I question it and wonder what bad thing will happen next just because that's what I expect and what I have become accustomed to these last four months. It's probably not the best way to live, but I can't help it. I'll enjoy this good mood of mine while it lasts. I'm in a good mood, but I still carry and feel a heavy heart if that makes any sense at all. I feel like my heart can break any minute, but at the same time I'm feeling good.

So, I'll leave this post on another high note and also with another little remembrance of Alexandra. I received this from Jaime at Handprint On My Heart. She created indelible ice images in memory of her daughter, Claire. To read more of her story of how this was created and to see her blog, check it out here. I love her site. It not only has her blog in it, but it has all sorts of resources about grief and loss. Anyway, thanks Jaime for Alexandra's name in ice! :)  I really love them!



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Jaime's blog and site are full of resources. It is a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an unique name in ice. I love it!! I really like Jaime's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks for the shout out, Maggie! It was my pleasure!!

    And thanks for your support, Ladies... it's always a good feeling to know that I have added a little light to your day... and to give back to you all in some small way for all that you have given me brings me joy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, I am so happy to see you in a lighter mood. I hate that we cant say happy in fear of getting it taken away. Hope the rest of your week brings you more smiles. I love Alexandra's name in ice it looks amazing. It is beautiful what people like Jaime will do to give us some joy. TTy probably tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always waiting for something to happen when i am in a better mood too.
    And i love the ice picture is is so beautiful. I will have to go over and check out her blog!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Enjoy the good moods when they come. Big Hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a rollercoaster. You're definitely allowed to have lighter days :)

    ...don't you hate how we're always waiting for the other shoe to drop? :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ice name, it is really neat! Sometimes I wonder if the heavy heart feeling will ever really go away, I imagine not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ice images are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved