I'm not sure what or how I'm feeling lately. Nothing new to say and nothing has really changed and I'm not quite sure if that's a good or a bad thing. So, maybe I'm confused more than anything. :-) I'm not crying every night like I was after Alexandra was first born. I no longer stare into space just sitting wondering what the hell went wrong. I'm getting up and going about my every day life just as before. I guess in some ways, you could probably say I'm doing pretty great considering the circumstances. But I cannot help but feel this void every day. Every morning I know Alexandra isn't here with me and every time I think that, I just feel like sinking. How can something you waited for so very long disappear so very fast? It's March already. We are already three months into the new year. That's an entire trimester in pregnancy language! I remember those. Trimesters took forever to get through! Every week seemed like an eternity. Months seemed even longer. Now three months seem to pass by at lightning speed and each day I get ever so closer to becoming an Aunt, which of course just makes me feel depressed. I cannot even think about it without these overwhelming feelings of sadness and jealousy consuming me. It feels like an impending doom and I feel so terrible that this is what my future niece's birth represents. Doom?! I wish I could be happier. I want to so very badly to look forward to this new little baby.
Then there's this strange feeling of relief. I spent nearly nine months doing nothing but worrying about Alexandra. The first trimester I worried about miscarrying. The second trimester I worried about going into preterm labor. Then the third came and I worried about getting in a car accident to or from work. I worried about falling. I worried about eating something and it affecting her somehow. I worried about pre-eclampsia, high blood pressure, you name it, I probably worried about it. And then I got to 35 weeks...35 weeks! And finally, I felt a huge sense of relief and then it all went to hell. So now I find myself relieved to not have to worry for the time being. In some ways I am actually glad to not be pregnant because all I would be doing would be worrying (only double this time!). It's kind of a relief and a weight off of my shoulders. But at the same time, that's all I want to do is get pregnant. It's so complicated. So I think what I'm going to try and do now is just enjoy this time I have now. I'm going to enjoy feeling good physically for a bit and I'm going to try and appreciate this freedom I have that I don't really want. I'm going to enjoy not worrying for a change and I would like to think Alexandra is telling me not to worry and just to be happy! Or as happy as I can be anyway. And on this note, I'd like to leave with this. Thank you to Laura at Angel Baby Names! This could not have come at a better time! I really love it.
Looking For You
5 years ago






















ok, seriously some things in life are a coincidence and then things like this just seem to be too obvious. These little girls ARE together. I almost feel like we may have known each other in a past life or something. Then I think, is it because we hurt just the same. No! It cant be, cause we have the SAME feelings each day without even speaking to each other. I really talk about you to my family like I KNOW you for years. I am not having such an awful day, could be worse, could be a lot better too. Thinking of you, and agreeing with EVERYTHING you posted today....I worry about our hearts everyday. I pray for us all to get through this, but Im not sure how either. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteAntoinette
I know what you mean by time going by slowly when pregnant and now it seems to go so fast. I remember that a week used to feel like forever and now a week goes by in a blink.
ReplyDeleteLaura does such an amazing job on the meaning of our babies names!
I feel like you stole this post right out of my computer. I get every word of it. Every single word. I was talking to someone the other day about coming home from the hospital without Gracie - about how I knew that I was supposed to be coming home with a baby and how weird it was that I wasn't...but also how I had nothing to compare it to since Gracie was the first, and that after a while (aside from the obvious) it wasn't always so weird since I wasn't used to having the baby there in the first place. It's so hard to explain to someone who hasn't been there. I have also been taking advantage of the 'freedom' while it exists, but it goes without saying that I would trade it in a heartbeat! At this point I think my brain is kind of numb. I was convinced for the last 3 months that I was going to miscarry - now that I am just into the 2nd trimester, that feeling has gone away and the worry really hasn't set in yet. I don't understand it, but I won't question it, either. The less worry in my brain, the better!!
ReplyDeleteI used to just sit and stare...an hour would go by and I have done nothing except stare...My best friend is due in 2 weeks, and I have the same feelings as you do. Its only natural! (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteOh, Maggie, I feel the same way, my cousin just had a baby and I just can't be around them yet. They came for a visit on Gracie's due date but I declined getting together, I just can't do it yet. I wish I wasn't this way but I am.
ReplyDeleteI cant do it either...that is just the way it is going to have to be for awhile.
ReplyDeleteHugs Mag!
*hugs* I think that worry will always be with us for future pregnancies. Thinking of you :)
ReplyDeleteLots and lots of hugs.
ReplyDeleteFeel exactly the same way...right now i think i always will xx
Angel's Mummy
It's such a confusing time right now. hugs.
ReplyDelete