So, remember that so called good mood I had yesterday? It kind of disappeared today as I predicted. I was greeted with yet another Facebook baby announcement today and to top it off, I went to grab some lunch from this place by my work (should know better) and it is directly across from a university. Anyway, I walked in there and realized I was the oldest person in the place. And not even a maybe I'm the oldest...oh no, I knew I was the oldest. It was that obvious. After the pregnancy announcement it just made me feel a million years old. I know a lot of people say they feel old after everything we've been through and it's true. I feel like I've aged a million years on my last birthday. It's kind of funny and kind of disheartening all at the same time. But the good news is I still look young and fit! :-)
On a brighter side, I have decided to walk in memory of Alexandra! I've seen so many others participating and I thought why not. I was afraid I would have to walk alone, but turns out I won't be! I'm really excited about this. I've never done anything like this before and the fact that it's all for Alexandra and going to a good cause makes it even more meaningful. The best part is it's giving me something to look forward to...finally! So, please donate to Team Alexandra Grace if you so desire. Please do not feel obligated, but any size donation, whether it's a dollar or more means the world to us! We thank you in advance!
Looking For You
5 years ago





















oh that is so awesome, Maggie! I am so glad you're doing this! I know what you mean about aging a million years... me too!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome Maggie!! Go Team Alexandra Grace!!
ReplyDeleteI did the walk last year in memory of Lily and this year I will be walking for both Lily and Cooper. It's a great experience and very overwhelming when you see other mothers and fathers that have had preemies that either survived or didn't make it. I wish you success in your fundraising!
ReplyDeleteGood for your for doing that walk, I hope you have a good time! I feel so old sometimes as well.
ReplyDeletemaggie I am so proud of you that you are going to walk for her, my friend Lisa wants to do this in honor of Alyssa, I just dont know if I will be able to but she says she will do it on her own if she has to...You are not old!! 30 is the new 20 which makes you 21 :) I am glad you looked on the brighter side and saw you were fit..mentally though, you are right we are probably 99yrs old by now..have a good night!!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand feeling so much older.
ReplyDeletePsyched you are walking for Alexandra. :)