March 30, 2010

Approaching 100!

Okay, I was all ready to write another 'I miss my baby, hate the world, why does everyone else I touch, look at or am in the general vicinity of my presence become pregnant or have a newborn' post, but at the present moment I am actually somewhat 'happy' or as happy as a baby loss mama can be. So, I figured I am going to take advantage of this rare moment and do something I've seen on some other blogs and tie it into a 100th post giveaway too!

My blogger says I am at 94, but I'm counting only 87. I'm not sure what that's about, but I'm going to go off of 87. That is thirteen posts away from 100! One-hundred! Get the fuck out! 100!!! I've actually been able to write nearly one-hundred posts about missing Alexandra. That is either incredibly healing or incredibly sad. Or maybe both, I'm not sure. Regardless of what it means, I think it's worth celebrating.

So here are the rules. Simply leave a comment asking me any question you can think of to ask me. It can be about me, Alexandra, before I had Alexandra, whatever it is, I'll answer. I'm giving you a chance to learn a little more about me and giving you an added bonus of winning a prize! I am not sure what that prize will be yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to think of one at least by the end of the week. Assuming my math is correct and assuming I post every day, my 100th post is looking to be April 12th. I will pick a random person and announce the winner at that time. In the meantime, ask away and stay tuned for what you will win! :-)  Good luck everyone and let's have some fun for a change!

11 comments:

  1. I came across a Winnie the Pooh quote and it made me think of you and Alexandra today. I dont know if you already heard this but I hope you like it.....

    "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

    Ok my question is....Are you from Hawaii??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactlly made you happy today? (By the way its healing for you to have done almost 100 posts about missing your daughter! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you write! This is a FABULOUS idea!! Okay now for a question:
    1. If somebody could remember two things about you, what would you want them to be (only 2!!)?? Somebody asked me this a while ago and it is a hard one, I think.

    2. What is your favorite childhood memory from when you were little?

    Hope these are the kind of questions you mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, i just had to come back and you are right ITS YOUR HEADER!!! This is crazy these two little girls are just giving us little signs...Ok Alexandra & Alyssa we KNOW now you are together...play nicely ok...

    Hey quick question when do we see the answers? on the 100th post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's healing. So glad you are blogging.

    Um, question: What song did you last sing out loud?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow awesome - I just did my 50th today.

    Questions ... hmmmm

    1. How did you pick the name Alexandra? - I don't think you have said that before

    2. How did you and your husband meet? I love these stories!

    This is a great idea - if you don't mind I might have to borrow it when I get to 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so this is a random question but if you could be famous for anything ( even if you dont have that particular talent) what would it be?

    And what is your strongest memory of Alexandra?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok here is my question....where did your love of Winnie the Pooh come from? Was Alexandra's nursery going to be Pooh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What made you start blogging about Alexandra and grief? I always find this interesting because I never knew much about the blog world before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think its beautiful that you write so much about your Alexandra and how much you miss. I think it's so exciting that you are almost at 100 posts, and I'm glad your feeling happy. It's so sweet of you to do a giveaway for it. I hope the good days - or at least moments - continue to come, Maggie.

    Also, I haven't gotten around to sending out my thank yous, yet, but I wanted to thank you for your sweet message on Calvin's birthday. It means a lot to have others recognize our heavenly babies, especially on their special days. (I know you know that already.)

    ((Hugs)),
    Crystal @ Blessed to Be Broken

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for more blogging F-bombs!!! :-) I have apparently not read many blog posts in quite some time, because I read yours regularly and I have missed a week's worth.... Can't wait to keep reading and see what else is up. So here is my question - it is not an Alexandra question, it is a Maggie question....after all, part of the reason that most of us blog is to find ourselves again as we express/work through our grief. Aside from wanting to be a mother, what is your passion in life? Is it a different passion post-Alexandra...or is it the same (but perhaps changed just a bit to reflect the changes in your life)?

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved