My day has just been made! I was a little annoyed with some other thing not related to Alexandra. I'm really just fed up with people's drama. My baby died. I don't need to deal with stupid problems and drama that in the long run really does not matter. There are bigger problems in the world like babies dying for no good reason. Anyway, I got an e-mail from
Peace Bears. You may remember this from an earlier post. My hospital has agreed to use them for future (I don't
want there to be future...but it happens as we are all painfully aware) bereaving families so nobody goes home with empty arms. Alexandra's name will be on the brochure. It just warms my heart. Thank you Patty! I'm so happy that this will be done for other families that have suffered a terrible loss. They won't have to leave with just some satin box. Now I liked my box and all...it was pretty, purple and had a pretty bow on it, but I would have rather been able to hold a teddy bear. I
really would have liked to have held Alexandra, but we know how that went. Whenever I see Alexandra's name or know something good was done in her memory, it really warms my heart.
That is great, I loved the blanket that we had but I think a bear would have been even nicer - what a wonderful thing to do in her memory.
ReplyDeleteIn Australia we have a similar thing called teddy love club, they donate teddies to hospitals so people dont have to leave with empty arms. It helped me so much having my bears. I volunteer for them so every family that has to leave the hospital without their baby leaves with a teddy, with a tag on it that says that it is in memory of my boys. I love knowing that my boys names are on something that helps other families so much. It is so wonderful that her name is on them. Xxx
ReplyDeleteI JUST got my peace bear in the mail from them! They are just so sweet to do that for families like ours that lost their babies. It's great to hold something. I am trying to get them into the hospital I work at too! So glad they are at yours now!! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news. I wish my hospital would have done something like that.
ReplyDelete