May 30, 2010

Another day, another...

Another day, another pregnancy announcement... that is not my own. I have another friend who is pregnant. I'm happy for her because I know she has been trying, but it still hurts. With every announcement and every baby that is born, I feel like I'm thrown further back and left behind. It's lonely here. I feel like I'm in some corner for people who will never be happy and never have another baby. When is it my turn? I wish I could see into the future just to see if we'll ever have the family we have always wanted. It's always going to be broken, but I wish I could have some kind of guarantee that this is just a bump in the road and in a few years, I'll be back to a "new" happy place. Lately, it just feels like there is no point to a lot of things. Every day seems like the same old thing and some days only bring out more frustration. I've lost friends. I barely know how to speak to my own family lately. Where is the good that is going to come out of this all? What is the point of all this? I wish I knew. I just need to know things will be okay and I'll be able to reach that happiness I felt before all of this happened. I'm starting to forget what that felt like and I miss it.

9 comments:

  1. Hugs. I've been wondering lately if I'll ever be happy like I used to be. I was looking for some photos on my PC the other day and Matilda's photos were up when I opened the program. I looked at the photo of me beside her in the NICU on day 2 before things started going wrong and we really thought she'd be coming home in a few weeks and I just look so happy. It's like looking at a different person. Likewise, when I look at our wedding photos from last year.

    More hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hug*. I wish I had the answers to your questions. This is a difficult road to be on, and a very lonely one at times.

    love and prayers
    elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you, Maggie. It is all any of us can REALLY do. Know that you are loved and cared for and prayed for. I'm always here if you need a friend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, I am in that corner with you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. For what it's worth, it's still lonely over here on this side, too. I wonder, too, about true happiness...TRUE happiness. To borrow your words, my family will always be broken, but I hope with everything that I have that TRUE happiness will return one day.

    Hopefully one day we can all look at this as a seriously life changing, but manageable event. Until then, we all hold hands, hold each other up and move forward together...and drink lots when we are not 'with beans'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem like everyone is announcing their pregnancy. Many blm's who had their loss after we loss Gracie are already pregnant. I don't say it on my blog or on fb but were ttc also. I can say it here I don't want undo pressure from family or Irl friends. Hoping we'll be next Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie, I have just got the news that my colleague has her baby on Friday before I saw your post here.You are not alone at that corner, I am with you.Hopefully, one day we can jump from this corner to another one with happiness.
    Many hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear on the pregnancy announcements! I hope you get to announce yours soon. I wish I had all the answers as well and had just a few second glimpse into the future as well. It will be better, just a question of when I think - I think we have to believe that.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved