May 18, 2010

Butterflies everywhere!

A lot of you know by now butterflies remind me of Alexandra, as they do for a lot of other Mommies.While I was in NYC, I saw a TON of them. I don't know if it's because I'm paying more attention to it or looking for them more or what, but I swear, before Alexandra I never really noticed how often I see them. Sure, I saw them before all of this. I know I did. We planted our butterfly bush in our backyard, so butterflies were often seen. But nothing like this. While I was in on my trip, I saw at least one butterfly five of the seven days we were there! The first one was a single, orange butterfly in Central Park. It just fluttered around me and then landed on the ground for just a few seconds before it flew away. After that, I would see either two or a single butterfly the following days. And they would be in places where I wouldn't really expect to see them. I understand the one in the park. But the ones in the city by busy streets surprised me the most. There were no flowers around or any bushes. One would just flutter around me for a second and that was it. It was gone before I had a chance to look again. Then of course, we went to the butterfly exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. That was just a give in for a chance to see butterflies, but still cool to have them flying all around me (Ann, how I wish you could have been there!). In any case, it's nice. Some days I feel like a better believer in signs than others and other days, sometimes I feel it's just a mere coincidence. But the frequency of seeing butterflies lately really makes me wonder and it brings me comfort to believe that Alexandra has something to do with them. :-)
Here are a few pictures of the butterflies we saw. In just a few words... it was awesome!!






7 comments:

  1. Wish I was with you at the museum too...although i love butterflies, having them fly around me and land on my freaks me out..lol...xoxoxo im glad she was with you the whole trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures! Butterflies are such an amazing creature. Fragile and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool. I have always been a butterfly lover! Great job capturing their beauty on camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful reminders of your sweet little one. So glad you got to see so many...that bottom one with blue on the wings is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos - sounds like an amazing trip. I have a hard time with the signs as well so I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel silly and sometimes I just want to embrace them. I hope they are here with us though, it sure sounds like she was with you on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved