I want to stop feeling bitter about pregnant women, babies and anything having to do with babies and/or children. I absolutely hate feeling bitter about everything. I hate how it makes me feel. I hate how it makes me look. I just hate it!
I want to stop the bitterness I have towards my SIL because she has her newborn baby girl and I do not. I want to be happy for her. I want to help her babysit. I want to be there for her. I want to be a good Aunt. I want to have been able to teach her all the things she's learning how to do now. I want to be able to give her advice. I feel like I know so little now, but I feel like I should know everything now or at least know of things pretty good by now.
I want to be happy when I login to Facebook and see pictures of friend's babies in their cute little outfits...outfits that I actually have hanging in Alexandra's closet or thrown somewhere in her room over a bunch of boxes, just all waiting to be worn and used.
I want this ache in my heart to stop.
I want to stop feeling guilty and stop thinking about things I could have been able to do.
I want to stop feeling like some freak because I'm the girl whose baby died. There must be something wrong with me. I must have done something wrong.
I want to stop feeling like I've let so many people down. So many others had hopes and dreams for Alexandra too.
I want Alexandra.
I want her to have a brother/sister soon. I want to stop thinking about getting pregnant. I was supposed to be done with the whole getting pregnant thing.
I want to stop caring about what people think and be able to say what I really think. Why do I need to think of what others think? I'm the one who had a loss. Others should have to deal with the awkwardness, not me.
I want relationships to strengthen instead of weaken or disappear entirely.
I want to have more hope than I do now. I want, I want, I want... I want to stop thinking about myself and my loss all the time. I feel so damn selfish. I just want to be... I want to feel like I was before. I waited so long for the right guy. Then I got married. I got pregnant. My life was perfect! I couldn't believe that everything had finally fallen into place. It seemed too good to be true... and then... everything changed. And I just want to know...why?
p.s. WOW, now this was one of the most depressing posts I've ever seen and truthfully, I have felt pretty good all day! Hard to tell by looking at this. But I just got home and logged into Facebook and I saw about 10 baby pictures (not by any babyloss mamas), a few pictures that had an outfit that Alexandra has, a couple people complaining about their kids and some post about some site that prides itself as being an example of "good birth control" because kids ruin everything and THIS is what my post came out to be! I wasn't going to write about this... thank you Facebook for once again, ruining my positive perspective on things! Why don't I just make it that much worse by checking out my SIL's profile now? Nope...already did that a few days ago (after I swore I wouldn't), and yes... no good came out of it, at all. *sigh* I just want to know when is it my turn again?!
Looking For You
5 years ago





















Oh Maggie once again...YOU ARE in my brain...I "want" the same things, i wish there was a suggestion box we can drop these into and hopefully get them one day...I just done understand why we have to experience such heartache it just isnt fair anymore...I know its easy for me to say but maybe you can see your niece again without so many people around to add pressure, just you your SIL and the baby...not even ur husband...just so that you can tell your SIL how you feel about things...I dont know what to say really...it is so hard either way..I have had to realize that I have to cut those friends out because they are not the same kind of mother as i am...THEY are the mother of a living baby...im the mother of an Angel...still mothers just different kinds...I pray Alexandra gets to be an older sister soon...I want this for you SOOO badly...you deserve the happy ending your life was/will be happy...xoxo
ReplyDeletewow. amazing post. I found you from 'glow'. I think this post echoes many others' feelings (I know I've thought all of these things) especially "I want this ache in my heart to stop". Sending you strength and love.
ReplyDeleteHugs. These ones are the ones I fixate on:
ReplyDelete"I want to stop caring about what people think and be able to say what I really think. Why do I need to think of what others think? I'm the one who had a loss. Others should have to deal with the awkwardness, not me."
I want to be happy like I used to be - I'm not even sure if that's ever going to be possible again right now.
And the great, big, impossible one:
I want Matilda.
Sending lots of virtual hugs your way. I feel your time will come where you will be the way you want to simply because its what you truly want. I think that you are definitely entitled to how you feel and am glad that you were able to vent about it. I think grieving brings on lots of emotions and we should allow ourselves the right to feel them all good, bad, or ugly. I feel you shouldn't have to hide your true feelings and should express to others what you truly think especially since they have no problem relaying their thoughts and opinions to you on your loss. You may in turn teach them something so as to prevent them from doing it to you again or even to someone in the future who might be on the same journey of losing a child.
ReplyDeletelove and prayers
elena
Yep. What else is there to say. Want to start writing my blog posts for me? It's amazing and frustrating that all of these thoughts and feelings just linger under the surface. Even on the really 'good' days, the thoughts and feelings are all spring loaded and just ready to fly....even if nothing specific makes the day 'bad'. Bitterness is what really gets me. I have always been cynical, but bitterness is a whole new realm and it just doesn't fit me...and after a while it kind of surprised me since it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the BLM handbook. Many warm fuzzy thought....and of course many hugs to you this weekend...and always.
ReplyDelete((hugs)). i know all of these wants and i'm sure it will take a while to get there... but i hope you aren't too hard on yourself. i always wondered why one of the things a nurse wrote in a card to me was "be gentle with yourself." i'm starting to understand that now. thinking of you and Alexandra.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with you on this post. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteOh boy Maggie. I could have writtent this post in the exact order with the exact words. I am learning to care less about about what others think and telling the truth more. I agree, let them feel awkward for a few minutes. As Crystal says "be gentle with yourself." I am beginning to wrap my head around that one too.
ReplyDelete((((((hugs)))))
*huge hugs* Maggie, I am a little behind. Know I am always praying for healing and that your turn comes soon. I know this bitterness all too well, but like everyone says, take care of you. You are allowed to be selfish.
ReplyDeleteIf its any consolation, the bitterness doesn't necessarily disappear once you get pregnant after loss because you want all of your babies.