I saw a butterfly today on the way into work and I just knew it would be a "good" day. I put good in quotes because I'm not sure how "good" of a day it really is. Alexandra isn't here. She should be here and she is not. So, a good day to me lately is just a day when I don't feel like I'm stuck in a big pit somewhere. I have a lot of those days too.
We also received our butterflies today in the mail! I'm looking forward to them turning into butterflies and I hope this actually works! With my luck, I'm imagining my cats eating them all or them dying. I'm such the pessimist. But, I have a good feeling about this and I cannot wait to release them for my own little butterfly, Alexandra! I was really looking forward to showing her butterflies in the backyard. I guess this will have to do. Hope you like them little girl! :-)
Looking For You
5 years ago





















YOU are going to enjoy watching these little caterpillars cacoon and change right before your eyes into butterflies....What a special thing to do for Alexandra...and I KNOW she is going to like them because she probably made you buy them for her...You know those TWO love to get what they want...I hope they hang around in the backyard for a few days so you can see them...its a nice feeling to do this..you are going to love it...i was afraid i'd be sad once they were gone, but I wanted them to live a complete life in the short time they will be around...I do still look in the corner of my kitchen where I had them and miss them..i may do it again sooner than later ;)
ReplyDeleteok comment number two....I ordered them and they arrived on a TUESDAY..the day of the week alyssa was born on...I JUST looked up Nov 16 out of curiosity to see what day it was and YEP!!! A WEDNESDAY...IS THIS A COINCIDENCE???? NO WAY!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck raising your butterflies! So sweet of you to do that for Alexandra. Happy you saw a butterfly on your way to work. Butterflies just make me smile :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your butterflies grow well :) Try to get some photos of the process. I am sure Alexandra will love them. Thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! What a precious gesture. I have planned the releasing butterflies at the cemetery on my daughter's one year anniversary and am very excited to hear of others releasing butterflies as well. I feel the same in reference to your description of a "good" day.
ReplyDeletelove and prayers
elena