One of the best things I did on my recent trip was meet Antoinette from Butterfly Kisses to my angel Alyssa Marie! This was a special visit to a very special friend. I met Ann through BBC (Babycenter) like so many of you. She had posted an introduction to herself and I offered some words of support. As the days passed, we started realizing how much we had in common. Sometimes it's scary! I remember one week, we had written very similar blog posts two or three days in a row. We always seemed to be in each other's head! So, because of all these similarities, we started talking often and now I'm pretty sure we talk almost every, single day! :-) On days I don't, I really feel lost!
I soon learned she was from NYC and what do you know...that was my big getaway trip! I had to ask her if she was willing to meet. It would have been wrong for me to be there and not make an attempt! So, we did! We decided to go to Central Park for lunch and we went to the zoo (why did we pick the zoo when clearly, it's a place of nothing, but pregnant women, babies, kids...pregnant animals, baby animals...ridiculous)! Anyway, somehow through it all, we survived. I don't know how and maybe it's because we had each other. I managed to refrain from violent acts towards babies or pregnant women and Ann managed to not cry. It felt like I had been hanging out with a friend I had for years, not a friend I had just met and only knew for a few months. We had a great time and I do have to say being with someone who has suffered the same thing as yourself is so comforting and really just feels right. There's no filter. We could be ourselves. For the first time ever, my husband & I heard, 'the other day when we went to the cemetary'... and we thought nothing of it. It was kind of like, 'Oh yeah, we were there a few weeks ago'. It was just everyday talk to us. That doesn't happen every day and that in itself felt good. It felt good to just be myself and live what has become our reality. I was also happy our husbands were able to meet. The guys have it tough too, as we all know and I think it was nice for all of us. I'm so glad to have met Antoinette and so thankful she is in my life now. Big (((HUGS))) to you! I hope we can visit some more! :-)
Looking For You
5 years ago





















OMGGGGGGGGG...even TODAY we are in each other's head as we post about NY...i love you!!!
ReplyDeleteAs for the day at the ZOO...WOW...that was rough but like you said had we not been there together we may have kidnapped the baby monkey or one of those kids wearing all the damn butterflies...lol...so it worked out that we had each other...and we did manage to share a laugh (thanks to dennis the mennis lol) that day and i have to tell you THAT first day out was worth every single trigger i had to deal with YOU gave me the courage to think i can get through something and because of that day, i went to lil anthony's first baseball game this season..as usual YOU have gotten me to where I am...IF you dont move here soon, im going to have to be there at least 6 months out of the year!!!!!! but maybe we can meet in a neutral zone like aruba or hawaii lol..but we need to travel once a week to see the girls so maybe not THAT far...xoxoxo...you are family maggie i said it before and ill say it again!!!
It is clear that you both have a strong connection, how wonderful that you were able to meet in real life!
ReplyDeletexo
Yes, as Jaime said... you both have such a strong connection. So happy that you were able to meet in person.
ReplyDeleteHey...when you meet in Aruba or Hawaii, I want to come too!!! Don't leave without me :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you have found each other. What a blessing! I think its wonderful that you have each other to lean on and great that the hubbies met as well. I think sometimes we forget the dads are grieving just as much as we are and like you said "have it tough too"
ReplyDeletelove and prayers
elena
meeting BLM's is so wonderful and it sounds like you had a great time. *hugs*
ReplyDelete