February 23, 2010

Alexandra's nursery


The other day I went into Alexandra's room to put some things away. It's newly painted and has brand new carpeting, but it was sad. I haven't been in there too often since she died. I used to go in there every day and stand and just think about what it was going to be like. Now I go in there and think about what could have been. How sad. If you walked in there right now, you can immediately tell something happened. Something terrible. Just a few towels and blankets are neatly folded on the changing tables. Diapers are fully stocked. Then it looks as if time stopped, which it kind of did.  There are unfolded clothes just thrown over some boxes. Clothes that I once looked forward to using. Now I wonder if I'll ever be able to even have a baby to dress them in. Empty hangers are in the closet because we were just starting to wash all of her things. The crib has the bedding in it, but now has even more boxes in it. It just breaks my heart to see all of it unused and empty. I wish Alexandra could have used it. Hopefully one day her sister or brother can. Alexandra, I hope you don't mind. Sharing is nice, so please share it with your brother or sister okay? :-)

7 comments:

  1. Alexandra's nursery is beautiful. I so wish it were messy from all the chaos and stinky from dirty diapers.
    We hadn't gotten to the point putting up a nursery. But, I was collecting all of her things in a corner in my closet. I never moved anything after she died. I liked looking at her stuff even though it made me sad.
    I hope you get to share her nursery with her brother or sister, soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maggie, my heart is just breaking for you. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have a nursery ready to go. We had not made it far enough to start a nursery, however, I have quite a collection of baby clothes, blankets and a beautiful bassinet my mom bought for us. I am so deeply sorry Alexandra isn't sharing sweet moments with you in her beautiful room. I am sure she would love to share such a beautiful space with her brother or sister. Hopefully soon! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the same swing for Gracie, and I also have a Cabbage Patch Kid lurking. I got it out of my old things to practice using the wrap that we got to 'wear' Gracie with us. I started keeping the CPK in the bassinet so the cat would learn that the bassinet really wasn't his space to claim. We did not have a permanent nursery set up, as we are in the process of extensive remodeling in the second floor of our house. The plan was/is for the nursery to share space with my dressers in the extra bedroom on the first floor until the upstairs is inhabitable. Everything is still set up the way it was before she died, and I go in every day because that is where my clothes are. I am kind of glad that we had not yet set up the crib...I think that would have made it much harder for me over the last 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, what a nice room and those curtains are so cute. I think that one day she will be happy to share - I hope she will get to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's beautiful. i think you're sweet girl would be happy to share her things with her baby brother or sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *huge hugs* We were going with a pooh theme as well. I am praying for you that you will have a brother and sister for Alexandra when the time comes. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved