February 8, 2010

I made it!

Well, after all my worries and paranoia I am pleased to report I did fine today. Like my favorite Winnie the Pooh quote, I'm braver than I believe and stronger than I think. The first sign that it was going to be an okay day was my kitty Loki came up before my alarm went off and purred. He knew I needed it. :)


Everyone was pleased to see me and welcomed me back. The people I work for (I work for three attorneys by the way) and my friends have already been so supportive so it's easy to see them. I forget my work is a smaller firm and I really do work with a good group of people.  I really believe everyone cares so that's all I really need to know. I admit it felt weird. It's like nothing happened and I'm back at work. Nothing changed except me. That makes me sad when I think about it, but I have to just remind myself I will never forget Alexandra and she'll always be a part of me no matter what. I love you little girl. Now I'm off to catch up on reading all of your blogs! Stupid work!

9 comments:

  1. hi there... thank you for reading my blog! I am just now checking out your blog and will read through some of it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was better than expected. The whole 'nothing has changed' thing is really weird. I'm not sure if you've read An Exact Figment of a Replica of My Imagination but she puts it well. Something about how any other loss what hurts is how things have changed and there's a hole were that person used to be. With losing a baby it's the fact that nothing has changed that hurts so much.

    Maddie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that it went well. *hugs*
    I wrote your baby girl's name in snow today! Email me @ scubaloo4@yahoo.com and I'll send you the pic! (Send me your blog name too, I wrote a few of the names of the angel baby's mom's that I follow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that your day went well. I was thinking about you earlier and wondering how you were doing. You are right, you will never forget Alexandra and she will always be a part of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie, that book was one of the very first ones I read and it really hit home! Thank you ladies. You are all so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, glad that it went okay! I was thinking about you today.

    This has nothing to do with anything, but my sister has a HUGE orange cat named Loki (Lokiko) who has been doing some time with us since she went to Africa. Looks like our Loki is a little darker orange, but roughly the same size...and favorite activity. :-) What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it was ok. Hoping the same for the rest of the week. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that all went well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking of you yesterday - glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved