I used to start the day off by listening to Alexandra's heartbeat. After that I was good to go. Now, I feel like I cannot really start my day until I catch up on other blogs I'm following and come to my own. Work is going to seriously interfere with my blog reading and writing! I know I have talked about this before, but it's all I'm thinking of lately. I'm not ready to go back to work. I don't even feel a little ready! Not one bit. I'm dreading Monday and if I say that to anyone else, they will just say, "Oh yeah, me too". But I feel like I have more reason to dread Monday than anyone else. I'm not ready for the pity looks. I'm not ready for the awkward greetings. I'm not ready for acting as if I'm okay just so I don't burst into tears in front of someone. And I'm definitely not ready for people acting as if nothing ever happened. I want to take all my vacation and sick time now and say see you in another month or so. It helps to know that a lot of people are looking forward to having me back, but I wish I could look a little more forward to going back myself. I wish I didn't have this anxiety. I wish I had baby pictures to show off instead (or at least pictures of my living baby). If anyone would like to see pictures of my dead baby, I have those on my phone! If I want to make others feel awkward, I guess I could do that!
My last day I had a baby shower and I couldn't wait until maternity leave. Now I look back and feel almost selfish about it all because in some ways my maternity leave meant a break from work more than anything else. I was so annoyed and stressed out with work and being pregnant. I just wanted a few months off and I was looking forward to those last couple of weeks to have by myself before Alexandra's due date. The weekend is already moving so fast and here I am hoping for it to snow an insane amount so I can say I'm snowed in. Next weekend can't come soon enough! It's only Saturday and I'm already looking forward to Friday. It's going to be a long week.
Looking For You
5 years ago





















I'm so sorry. Thinking about you as Monday approaches. xx
ReplyDeleteI wasn't ready to go back to work either when the time came. I know it is hard. I'll be thinking about you! xo
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. The idea of going back to work made me so ill that when I had to go in and see my boss I took my letter of resignation. Instead my boss has been extremely understanding and I can work part-time entirely from home.
ReplyDeleteCan you do a short week this first week and use some of your leave?
I don't really have anything to say that I think will help but I hope this first week is the hardest, your workmates are understanding, and it's quickly behind you.
Maddie x
i hope your return goes well Maggie *hugs*
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie! I'm new to babylost land too. I also live in ohio. I'm going back to work on the 15th and I'm already dreading it SO much! (I work L&D) I'm scared of all the pity hugs and questions. I'll be thinking happy thoughts for your return to work. Be strong! *hugs* I hope it goes well!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, I think sometimes I build these new days and things up in my head and once they are there it is not so bad - I hope this is the case with you and your day goes OK.
ReplyDeleteMaggie, I am catching up on blogs so I am sorry I am behind. *huge hugs* I am thinking of you today. Praying for a peaceful week for you.
ReplyDelete