February 26, 2010

Ignorance is bliss

They say that ignorance is bliss and I cannot agree more! Certain sayings, cliches, quotes...things that I could have cared less about a few months ago suddenly take on a whole new meaning to me. A couple of days ago I was listening to the radio and from some random news story the subject was stillbirth. Every time I hear that word my ears perk up and I have to listen. And the thing that got me was the radio host wasn't entirely sure what a stillbirth was. He asked, "Now..is that when the baby is alive and then dies?" and then they went on to wonder how they know if someone has a stillbirth and wondered if you could just take the baby out and save him or her. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there feeling like an expert because I know exactly what a stillbirth is. I know that in most cases there are no warnings until it's too late. The only warning I had was she had stopped moving. By then it was too late and if I would have known something was wrong before then, you can bet your ass I would have tried my best to fix it. I wish it would have been so simple as having some kind of huge warning and then being able to save our babies. I wish I could be ignorant again and to only know that something like a stillbirth is some tragic event you see on doctor shows or in movies. I wish I could think that a stillbirth could never happen to me. I wish...sigh. Too many I wishes in babyloss land...it just breaks my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. *hugs* I wish you wern't an expert. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! We have a whole new eduacation we never meant to be enrolled in! Ahh, ignorance IS bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignorance is Bliss and the sad part is that the members of this community will never know ignorance when it comes to pregnancy ever again.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved