February 13, 2010

Stupid world

Here is another strip from the Calvin & Hobbes series I mentioned earlier. I can relate to it in some ways. What a stupid world indeed. Life seems so unkind and so unfair when something like this happens. But, in a sad, awful, terrible way, even though Alexandra died I am so glad to have met her. The time I had with her ended so sadly and sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to never have been pregnant at all. I almost feel guilty for thinking that, but if I wasn't I would never have known this pain. But at the same time, I know I'm feeling this pain because I love her so very much and that tells me all the time spent with her was very worth it and so meaningful. She touched my life and will continue to do so. Love you Alexandra. I hope you know how much you are still loved.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful/sad cartoon. I love Calvin and Hobbes so much, Calvin was the choice for our baby's name. I have often felt the same thoughts about wishing I would have been spared the pain of losing my son, but at the same time, having him and loving him has been worth every tear I've shed since he died. It's so hard, and really...it IS such a stupid world. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I saw it someone else and have it on my Face book page somewhere. I know I have asked myself that as well and although this is a horrible thing that we have to live with for the rest of our lives, I am glad I for to meet Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap that is so perfect for how we all feel.

    i understand why you would think that maybe if you'd never been pregnant and I have briefly thought that myself, but in all honesty I wouldnt give up the brief time I had with Cadynce, knowing she was there, loving her and so briefly being able to feel her move and kick me. I wouldnt give that up for anything.

    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That IS perfect for how we all feel. I've briefly thought the same thing.. but you are right. Your pain shows you how much you loved her. I know you wouldn't trade that for anything. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This commercial says so little, but yet so much. Its perfect!!

    I have had those thoughts too, but you are right we hurt so deeply because we love so deeply!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved