February 15, 2010

Marvelous Mondays



What a great idea! I was ready to post a sad, miss my baby post because I've been feeling a little sad lately, but I'm ready for something positive! And let's admit it, aren't those more fun anyway?

I am thankful for my wonderful husband! I was really looking forward to seeing him as a Dad. I know he would have been great at it and Alexandra would have worshipped him.  She would have been Daddy's little girl.

I think I love him more and more every day if that's even possible. He has been my rock since losing Alexandra. I seriously don't know what I would have done without him. He took care of me so well while I was in the hospital. He spent every night there with me and he made sure I was never alone there if he had to leave for some reason. He also did all of Alexandra's funeral arrangements. I have no idea how hard that must have been. He was also able to take a month off to take care of me at home. He made sure I ate and got out of bed. If it wasn't for him, it probably would have been very easy for me to not do those things.

The funny thing about us is I have known him since I was in fifth grade. That's when I met his sister. I was new to the school and my Mom was determined to find me a new friend. We met at our orientation before school started. It turned out that she lived a few streets away from me and we became best friends. Mark was always just her older brother. Sometimes he picked us up from school or took us to the mall.  It wasn't until much later that we started dating. And I am so glad we did because I'm lucky enough to be married to my best friend. He makes me laugh every day. He makes me feel so loved and I feel safe when I'm with him. I never thought I would be so lucky. For a long time I thought I was always going to be alone, but thanks to him I know I never will be.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Maggie. I enjoyed getting to know more about your husband and how you met. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good reminder of positivity...it was neat to hear a bit of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, my husband is my best friend also :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post about your husband. So nice to hear and feel the love you two share. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved