February 4, 2010

Trying again

Trying again scares me and yet that's all I want to do. I want to be able to give Alexandra a brother or sister and I want to bring him or her home with me this time. I know nothing can replace Alexandra and I certainly will not think a new baby would ever replace her. I just need to be a mother to a child I can hold in my arms. I'm so worried though. Will I even be able to get pregnant again? What if Alexandra was my one and only chance? And if I do get pregnant again, what guarantee do I have that this baby will not end in a miscarriage or God forbid another stillbirth? It's a chance I'm willing to take, but it scares the hell out of me. A lot of people have already said even though it happened once, it doesn't mean it will happen again. That's nice to think and all, but it did happen. It doesn't mean it can't happen again. At this point I'm convinced I have nothing but bad luck and bad odds against me. I already met those odds. All I can really do is try and stay positive and hope and pray that next time I will be able to take my baby home with me. It's just hard when all I can think of is I had a dead baby. What if I'm a woman who can only have dead babies?  Should I just give up and get a couple more cats instead? I don't want to though. We are so ready. We have everything, but the baby and the house feels so empty every day. I can't stand it. I hate that I can just pick up and go to a store or wherever I need to go. I should have to worry about packing up a newborn or worrying about a sitter. But I still have that freedom and I hate it more than anything.

5 comments:

  1. Awe, I a so sorry for the emptiness you are feeling. I hate thinking of odds as well - when you know what it feels like to be the little number instead of the big number. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the freedom too. Everything that I used to like doing - reading papers over coffee, going to movies, etc - all now just feels like a reminder I don't have a baby. We always used to joke about how we wouldn't be able to do these things anymore but we can - we just don't want to anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, I know how you are feeling.. we are currently trying.. in fact our lives have become consumed with trying.. i dont think its healthy but we both want this so much that we seem to be willing to put our lives on hold and keep trying.. the frustrating part is that it only took a few months of trying the first time we got pregnant and now its been about 5 months and we haven't had any luck.
    I hope you get to bring home a sibling for Alexandra soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that freedom as well when I know I should have a newborn in toe. *hugs*

    Trying again is so emotional as you know we are going through it now, but my one piece of advice is to stay positive. If you are negative it will only bring stress and axiety. I know easier said then done, but that is what I can offer at this point. Thinking and praying for you Maggie *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl it is like that was me writing!! Every single one of those things you struggled with and thoughts you had, I had too about Ana.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved